Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With The Additions Of 2 New Wideouts.....

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

McCardell and Caldwell will sit and watch as we run 1 and 2 receiver formations all game until the last 2 minutes when we move the ball down the field during the only stretch in which we make an attempt to spread things out.

wow you suck..... only because you are right... i have that same feeling.. I hope I am surprised... but I dont see it.....

If we're ever going to start throwing up serious points, Detroit is the perfect team to start with....they can't stop anybody. I want Gibbs and co. to let JC do his thing and throw, throw, throw. We really can't afford to lose this game.

This will be a ball control game. We will win if we hold the ball for 40 minutes or more. If we try and air it out against Detroit, we will lose. The Lions are built to throw the ball 40-50 times, we're not.

Do some of you seriously think Detroit cannot be shutdown? I watched that bears v. detroit game. The bears with half of their D on the sidelines, their whole secondary, held detroit to 3 pts. until the 4th. 3 freakin points and they were at home. If the bears even had a mediocre O that game would not have been close.

Detroit has zero running game. They are a terrible road team playing against a fresh D. I see no reason we dont destroy them. Plus i heard kitna has a partially seperated shoulder, could be out for a few weeks.

I am amazed at how many people on this site get so upset with the skins cause we dont put up 40 pts. a game. Seriously people, we have a winning record. While we had a bye several nfc teams have almost played themselves out of the season already. San Fran, Chicago, Eagles, Saints. Now these are teams whose fans have a right to gripe if you ask me.

Here is the plays designed for the lions:

1st down- Run

2nd down- Run

3rd and long 3 wide outs, short pass in the flats punt

2nd series

1st down- Run

2nd down and 13 Run

3rd down and long 3 wide outs, pass short of the first down marker by 6 yards, Punt

It doesnt matter if we had TO and Moss and Calvin Johnson, If the play calling sucks it wont matter if we have a 7 wide out formation, we are very predictable on O. I hate to say it but this could be a long day on Sunday if we dont put up 27 points.

I have a little more faith in the FO than you do. I think they will 'open it up' a bit against the Lions. The thing is our new front four has had another week to look at film and practice. I look for Saunders to put three WRs and Cooley/Yoder (that makes 4) in play often. Both CP and Betts are good out the backfield also... so that makes 5. ARE is due for a gadget play.... Trust me, coming out of the Bye, the FO surely has got some stuff waiting for the Lions....

It's funny. If we start throwing the ball around more, and there are too many incompletions, everyone will be crying how we don't pound the rock. If we run and get stuffed a lot, then people will be crying how we don't open up the offense. I don't care what we do, I just hope we execute what we do on offense and shut them down on defense.

Give this man a cigar.

Reading the latest blogs from the post, the signing of 2 receivers probably means that Santana isn't expected to play and that the Redskins need to fill that void plus one, just in case. It means the team is probably hoping to get someone out there to help ARE out there. Keenan may fill that role to some degree. He knows the offense and can possibly make an immediate impact.

The same way that the defensive pash rush is an integral component of the secondary's ability to cover their assignments, the protection and run blocking is an integral component of a play action passing attack. Wadini better hold up on that right side.

Reading the latest blogs from the post, the signing of 2 receivers probably means that Santana isn't expected to play and that the Redskins need to fill that void plus one, just in case. It means the team is probably hoping to get someone out there to help ARE out there. Keenan may fill that role to some degree. He knows the offense and can possibly make an immediate impact.

I agree. I don't think we brought Mcardell in to make us prolific (after all the guy was cut by two teams and sitting home and nobody wanted him til us). Santana is hurt.

"What was always amazing about Don is he was creative and will try anything--change the snap count and do stuff like that," Gibbs said. "Mike is probably a lot like that. He's not afraid to try something different, do something different. "Whereas most coaches--we're much more paranoid than that. We're afraid to try something like that. You have to know when you go up against him you're going to be tested because they do a real good job in what they do."

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=29858

From my take on it from reading the rest of the article, he's talking about how Martz is more aggressive with his play calling. I'm not trying to make a big deal about this or what not, but I don't understand, with the talent on this team that Gibbs would be afraid of opening it up more. I hate to say it but I doubt we're gonna see 4 wide receiver sets even with the addition of two wideouts, I mean I'd love to, but I think it's gonna be more of the grind em out games that we've become accustomed to.

I love Gibbs and have been a Redskin fan all my life but god I wish he would just stop being so damn conservative and realize that his coaching philosopy that worked in '80's and early '90's is hurting this team more than it is helping.:2cents:

Here is the plays designed for the lions:

1st down- Run

2nd down- Run

3rd and long 3 wide outs, short pass in the flats punt

2nd series

1st down- Run

2nd down and 13 Run

3rd down and long 3 wide outs, pass short of the first down marker by 6 yards, Punt

It doesnt matter if we had TO and Moss and Calvin Johnson, If the play calling sucks it wont matter if we have a 7 wide out formation, we are very predictable on O. I hate to say it but this could be a long day on Sunday if we dont put up 27 points.

This sounds eerily similar to when Brunell was behind center. I agree that campbell is a better option than Brunell, but was it ALL Brunell last year?

Its taken 4 years. If they havent opened it up by now, what makes you think all of the sudden Gibbs is going to get it? 4 years after this experiment began, he STILL took over playcalling duties in the second half last week. All of the sudden he finally gets it? I dont buy it. We dont even run 3 WR sets.

Archived