Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2003 redskins opponent (pretty hard schedule)

Fun & Gun

I think we can work well against this schedule. Basing projections on how these team finished this season:

Divisional games: I would hope we could manage to sweep Dallas and split with NYG and Philly, but being conservative let's say we go 3-3 in the division.

Of the remaining 10 games, only Tampa Bay and the Jets were head and shoulders above the Skins. Perhaps Atlanta should get a slight edge vs. us. Most of the other games seem even or could have the Skins getting the edge.

None of this really matters, of course, because much can change before September. Injuries, additions through draft/FA, how well any of these teams are clicking NEXT season ... it's just silly to try to guess how many victories we'll get.

I agree with Brave as far as it is too early to tell how hard or easy any sched will be for next season. And with the new format, the Giants and Eagles play most of those teams too. The free agency starts Feb. 28 and who knows which teams will make improvements and which will have to dump some guys. I fully expect the Giants to improve themselves by resigning a couple of guys and signing a free agent or two plus the draft. Just because I expect that, doesn't mean it will happen. We have to wait probably until after June before we can talk about how tough a team is going to be. But hey, it is fun to do now that the season is just about over.

As the old saying would say : Take it one game at a time, and hope for the best! No sense in dwellign over who we play next yr. Lets just hope we can get our stuff together so can actually make a playoff run. Once we get in it, it's a whole new ball game. Lets hope we have a good draft and that we sign anyone who needs to be added to the puzzle that is the Washington Redskins!

Archived