Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoking. For, or against?

Zen-like Todd

face it keeastmen has just gotten her degree in public health. she will more than likely take a job with the govt. while im sure she has her reasons personally to not like smoking, if it werent for the govt telling us how to live our lives..... she more than likely wouldnt get the job she will be starting soon enough.

Well, my ultimate goal is to take over the world single-handly by suppressing the masses. And here I thought I was being so inconspicuos. Now that you've outed me, I'm going to have to discuss a change in strategy with Pinky...

personally i am sick to death of having the govt dictate personal choices when myself and many others have served this country and made sacrifices so that we all have the RIGHT OF CHOICE.

if you dont agree with allowing fellow americans the right to choose then get out of this country and move to cuba where your life can be dictated by those who think they know better than you what is good for you!

Dramatic much? :ols:

Dramatic much? :ols:

ok .... i lol'd about the world take over... however.... i dont think being upset about the continual erosion of personal liberties and freedoms is in any way dramatic. in fact i think it is something that maybe more people should start to recognize and more people should start getting upset over. but go ahead minimize the fact that it is happening and maybe someday <which i hope not> you might be wondering why you cant do something you want to do. of course then you might have a problem and protest its happening.

but in all seriousness if people dont like that others have a right to choose then they should go somewhere else.

Well, my ultimate goal is to take over the world single-handly by suppressing the masses. And here I thought I was being so inconspicuos. Now that you've outed me, I'm going to have to discuss a change in strategy with Pinky...

and just to show i can be a smart*** too, let me point out that it would be OPPRESSING the masses and it is hard to single handedly take over anything if you have to discuss strategy WITH SOMEONE ELSE. :pfft:

and just to show i can be a smart*** too, let me point out that it would be OPPRESSING the masses and it is hard to take over single handedly take over anything if you have to discuss strategy WITH SOMEONE ELSE. :pfft:

Well, in all fairness, Pinky's a dimwit and doesn't really count as a "person." But you have a point about the "oppressing/suppressing" slipup, I'm losing my edge. However, I don't think you appreciate how stressful taking over the world is!

i am against smoking because of the obvious health risks. i had a grandmother that got cancer from smoking and it ended up beating her.

the reason that i am against it is because i dated a girl who was a casual smoker and one time after she had just gotten done smoking a cigarette she decided that she wanted to give me a kiss. i literally felt like someone had just dumped an ashtray into my mouth it was so gross. :puke:

I am FOR smoking.

I don't smoke and despise smoking, but being against it opens a slippery slope of legal issues... Banning smoking would result in the bootlegging during prohibition on a much larger scale. Utter chaos.

Secondly, it brings in a hell of a lot of revenue. Doesn't it take like less than 50¢ to manufacture a pack of cigarettes? In New Jersey, some of the packs are $7-$8. That's just insane.

Sure, there are obvious health risks and sure, you'll be paying for those stupid people through medicare, BUT how is that different than any of the other people you're paying for? The alcoholic with a shot liver? The McDonald's fanatic that needs a triple bypass? The prostitute that needs STD treatment? The gang member who gets shot? The list goes on and on and the whole discussions winds up with:

Do you want the government controlling some of the things you do?

OR

Do you want the government controlling ALL of the things you do?

For the sake of keeping things in order, allow smoking.

Archived