Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A few questions about my first Skins game at Fedex

mook_juice83

Whats up guys, I am a life long Redskins fan and a long time Extemeskins resident (some of the TW guys might remember me) even though I rarely post. I am going to my first Redskins game ever on Oct 7th. This day also happens to be my birthday, so I'm pretty damn excited. I've been to Fedex before for the VT-USC game a few years back. I have a couple of questions that I know my extremely courtious and intelligent fellow Redskins brethren can answer.

1) I don't have a parking pass. What is the situation with riding a shuttle or offsite parking?

2) How about a decent hotel near Fedex (not too high priced, but nice though)?

I stayed at a Motel 6 I think when I came up for the Tech-USC game and it was just about the worst hotel I've ever been to. I do recall there being a nicer hotel right next to it, but I can't remeber the name.

Thanks guys. Any help/advice would be awesome

See you there. Hail to the Redskins

do not under no circumstances take the shuttle...it is the worst experience in the world...it could possibly ruin your birthday. On the way to the game there is a Home Depot, across the street is a McDonlds, their is always guys there selling parking passes, I promise you will thank me later. (I think the road is central avenue, but I never drive so I am not positive)

Parking pass = good birthday/tailgate

Take the Central Ave/214 exit off the beltway and stay in the right lane. There will be a McDonalds on your right. Pull in there and purchase a parking pass from a FAN, not a scalper. People have extras and will sell them to you there. Pay them face value ands they will be happy to give it you because you aren't a scalper. Tell them it's your first time.. thank them. Also, go to stubhub.com and try to find a parking pass. They are almost always available. Good Luck. Green Parking is the most "Blue Collar/ Fun" area to park.

Take the Central Ave/214 exit off the beltway and stay in the right lane. There will be a McDonalds on your right. Pull in there and purchase a parking pass from a FAN, not a scalper. People have extras and will sell them to you there. Pay them face value ands they will be happy to give it you because you aren't a scalper.

Good info!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys. I cannot wait to get up there. I'm staying at a Best Western like 3 miles away. If anyone is familiar with it please feel free to share your opinion of said hotel. I think I'm gonna try to get into the park and walk lot that Mark the Homer showed me about. Hopefully, I can meet up with you some of you guys, because like I said I've been frequenting this site for years but rarely post.

There are no other posts containing this info that could be easily attained by putting the search to use ;)

Why don't you go police one of the "Joe Gibbs sucks", "CP is better than Betts", or "Redskins compared to Dallas" threads. No one else had a problem with it.

Once again thank you to all the other guys who were helpful. tryfuhl....you can kiss my ass

stay at the Hoilday Inn in Greenbelt MD....ten minutes from the stadium. I stayed there for the opener...very nice.....Has a great bar.....there are also restaurants that you can walk to. For your convenience there is a Modell's sporting goods that you also can walk to that will save you from emptying your wallet in the team store at the stadium.

The Detroit game is your first game here huh? Well, you'll get some positives and negatives from this one.

Positives would be an overwhelming percentage of Skins fans. Normally you can count on pockets of opponent support, but as far as I know, no one actually roots for the Lions, so it should be a sea or burgundy and gold. Also positive is that the Lions historically suck so there's a good chance you'll see a win at your first game.

Negatives would be the lack of fights in the stands. It's just not a day at the park unless some drunk guys start whaling on each other like Taylor-Pavlik, and you don't have to pay to watch it;) . Sadly, this is more likely to occur in divisional games, so you'll probably miss out on this one. Maybe that's a good thing. You won't get to see the comedy that is the ushers holding up "S" cards for security, the security that never seems to show up. That's comedy gold.

In all seriousness, enjoy the game. We should be 3-1 after this week if we get our act together.

If you're not tailgating and you wanna save some cash, parking at Landover Metro is the way to go. Parking is free but you have to pay $6 for the roundtrip shuttle. It takes some time to get on after the game, but I've never had a horror story experience with it and I've taken it to every game but one since '03.

Positives would be an overwhelming percentage of Skins fans. Normally you can count on pockets of opponent support, but as far as I know, no one actually roots for the Lions, so it should be a sea or burgundy and gold. Also positive is that the Lions historically suck so there's a good chance you'll see a win at your first game.

That usually holds true at Ford Field too, but there seems to be quite a few on the bandwagon right now, but they will jump off when the Lions do their usual fade...

:logo:

Archived