Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reasons Why JC is the Answer

emor09

JC is going to be our future here in DC, ill tell you why

1. He has poise. Eagles brought a lot of heat, and he responded with some nice passes. In week 1 3rd and 7 in OT, tough spot for young QB, he reads the blitz and gets the ball into his playmakers hands for a 1st down.

2. His arm. We all know he has a cannon arm, but he knows when to take some off of it. The ball Cooley dropped last night in the 1st quarter had PERFECT loft on it and was placed perfectly, Cooley's TD also had great touch and was thrown in the perfect spot.

3. Running Ability. He is not a running QB, he is a QB who can run. Think of all the times that McNabb killed us in the past with his legs..Well, we have a QB who is just as good, if not better at running.

MOST IMPORTANT

4. BODY LANGUAGE. Last night, whenever Donovan screwed up, you saw him throwing his arms around and shaking his head, you don't see that from JC. When Jason messes up, he keeps his head up and gets everyone involved. Almost every play going into the huddle he is clapping and getting everyone pumped. This is the reason why i think Jason will have a better and more successful career than Donovan, Jason is a true leader.

very well put. I agree with all of your points. he is our qb of the future, and is only a baby step away from being a very good qb.

That deep pass to Moss killed me, but I know that in the future if he has someone that wide open, he will make the throw. It comes with time. He probably got happy hands when he saw Moss THAT WIDE OPEN and as a result, overthrew him. I can't wait til the season wears on to see how good he gets.

:applause::applause::applause:

I remember when we had Ramsey and you could tell he was a beaten man after some of the hits he took. I loved the kid but he had no composure at all. Very easily rattled.

Not the case with Campbell. I think playing four years in the SEC toughened him out. Playing in the likes of The Swamp, Neyland Stadium, and Death Valley will do that to you.

MOST IMPORTANT

4. BODY LANGUAGE. Last night, whenever Donovan screwed up, you saw him throwing his arms around and shaking his head, you don't see that from JC. When Jason messes up, he keeps his head up and gets everyone involved. Almost every play going into the huddle he is clapping and getting everyone pumped. This is the reason why i think Jason will have a better and more successful career than Donovan, Jason is a true leader.

I've noticed this too. He sort of reminds me of Peyton Manning in that regard. When Peyton makes an errant throw, or one of his WRs drops a ball, he never looks like he's rattled. He has this look that says, "Okay, that didn't work, but I wont make the same mistake next time.". That's what I get from Campbell, more than any recent QB, he has this confidence that if we don't get it now, we'll get it another way. I just can't wait to see him putting it all together.

he is our qb of the future, and is only a step away from being a good qb.

There, fixed it for ya! ;)

But Campbell does need to show he can be consistent. Right now he hasn't played better than last season, given its only been 2 games but still. I think he has the ability to improve and to eventually be able to carry the team to win games when he has to.

Some people may dispute this, but he has much better decision-making than we give him credit for. For instance, only one of his three interceptions have been a bad decision. The first pick against Miami was very bad, but even then it was a better play by the safety. The second pick against Miami was him throwing a jump ball to his supposedly athletic receiver (who gave a very poor effort in catching the ball and chasing down the defender after the pick). His INT in this past game was actually just a late throw, and he needs better timing. If he makes that throw a split-second earlier, it's either a catch or an incompletion. Other than that, he has not made a throw this season where I can remember saying "why would you throw that?"

Archived