Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis for MVP

BMahoney

No. You were surprised Gibbs didn't play Betts more because you can't imagine being WRONG about which player deserves to play more. :laugh:

There is a BIG difference.

Nah, Portis ran for 69 yards last night. 69 yards is crap. Especially compared to 172 yards. Betts gained more than 100 extra yards against Philly than Portis did.

That isn't even close. Night and Day. One is an awesome achievement, one was below average, and anything but an mvp performance for the original poster.

I am suprised that Gibbs wouldn't highlight a guy that put up 172 on this team a year ago.....but I should come to expect it.

I was also suprised when he began to go for the field goal at the end of the first half, and suprised again when we got a delay of game call also at the end of the first half.

But sadly, not really suprised those things happen....we have gotten used to that kind of thing unfortunately.

Nah, Portis ran for 69 yards last night. 69 yards is crap. Especially compared to 172 yards. Betts gained more than 100 extra yards against Philly than Portis did.

That isn't even close. Night and Day. One is an awesome achievement, one was below average, and anything but an mvp performance for the original poster.

TD's Portis 1 > Betts 0.

I am suprised that Gibbs wouldn't highlight a guy that put up 172 on this team a year ago.....but I should come to expect it.

I was also suprised when he began to go for the field goal at the end of the first half, and suprised again when we got a delay of game call also at the end of the first half.

But sadly, not really suprised those things happen....we have gotten used to that kind of thing unfortunately.

you do realize that philly has a completely different defense this year as well right?

you do realize that philly has a completely different defense this year as well right?

sorry for the double post. my bad.

Add to that...Skins win with Portis starting this year in Philly, and lose with Betts starting last year. But yeah, I guess 170+ yards is pretty cool. I like the win better though!

Last year we had the 31st ranked defense in the nfl. This year we don't.

You can't really attribute wins or losses on the running back, and say we won with Portis going for only 69 yards, but we lost with Betts going for 172, (more than Portis has ever run for against anyone as a a Redskin,) and say that this means Betts sucks.

If your running back gives you 172 yards in a game and you STILL lose.....you have serious issues.

The guy that runs for 172 in a losing effort isn't the problem.....everything else is.

McD, Betts is great and can wrack up yards, but TD's win the game not long drives that get you field goals as we proved last night. As far as those of you who believe that our D has been carrying us... just so you know we have 4th over rushing offense... 19th pass d.. and 9th ranked run D. What our D has done is been great when it counts, we are 6th in pts allowed... But as the numbers still show boys our Strong point is our rushing attack to think otherwise is just plain stupid.

McD, Betts is great and can wrack up yards, but TD's win the game not long drives that get you field goals as we proved last night. As far as those of you who believe that our D has been carrying us... just so you know we have 4th over rushing offense... 19th pass d.. and 9th ranked run D. What our D has done is been great when it counts, we are 6th in pts allowed... But as the numbers still show boys our Strong point is our rushing attack to think otherwise is just plain stupid.

Our running attack is definitely one of the strongest parts of our team. But if you think we have put up a lot of points, you are nuts. Look at Cincy and Cleveland both putting up near 50 in a game.....and that puts it into perspective.

Our D has been the biggest improvement from last season so far.

Archived