Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly fans

dockeryfan

Are you the type of fan that screams "Super Bowl" too often and too early?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Are you the type of fan that screams "Super Bowl" too often and too early?

• Yes - I think with my heart rather than my brain
    • No - I consider myself an intelligent fan
    • Sometimes - Depends how good we look early in the season

Do you still think GB has the best front seven in the league?

GB shut down the Eagles offensively. The Giants on a gimpy Eli put up a very good effort in the first half. The game kind of got away from them in the second half, but they were able to move the ball well when the game was still in the balance.

So the question remains to all the Philly fans that said they have the best front seven in football.

Did GB defense just have a average game against the Giants? Or was Philly just that inconsistent on offense.

We will see tonight.

Here's to the Eagles offense laying another egg.

GB shut down the Eagles offensively. The Giants on a gimpy Eli put up a very good effort in the first half. The game kind of got away from them in the second half, but they were able to move the ball well when the game was still in the balance.

So the question remains to all the Philly fans that said they have the best front seven in football.

Did GB defense just have a average game against the Giants? Or was Philly just that inconsistent on offense.

We will see tonight.

You have saved my life good sir, With all the crap going on I didn't even realize this.

We will see tonight.

I'm one who thinks their front 7 is good - don't believe I ever said BEST front 7 (kind of doubt more than 1 or 2 Philly fans said that). And, take away the one 2-play drive NY had and I thought GB did an excellent job - 13 points on the road will get you the win most of the time. If Skins hold Philly to 13 tonight, they'll easily win the game.

That being said, McNabb and Philly's OL didn't have a good game last week, no matter the opponent. They'll have to play better tonight to be able to beat the Skins.

PF

The Eagles would have won if they didn't fumble those 2 punt returns. And I don't think GB has the best front 7 in the league. They weren't getting any pressure on Manning until late in the game last night.

That's my point.

Manning had time, and McNabb didn't.

So was it the O-line of Philly?

My answer is, yes, but only in part.

Phillys o-line wasn't great, but the GB defense also just didn't respect the receivers at all. They were forcing McNabb to beat them with pressure in his face, and McNabb wasn't up to the task.

I hope to god that G Williams does this. Pressure McNabb and take away his safety valve in Westbrook. Make the other players step up and make plays. Make it hard on McNabb and Westbrook..

I'm one who thinks their front 7 is good - don't believe I ever said BEST front 7 (kind of doubt more than 1 or 2 Philly fans said that).

It wasn't you in particular, but it has been the flavour of excuse I've gotten from Philly fans this week. That it was more of GB being so good rather than Philly being so bad.

That's my point.

Manning had time, and McNabb didn't.

So was it the O-line of Philly?

My answer is, yes, but only in part.

Phillys o-line wasn't great, but the GB defense also just didn't respect the receivers at all. They were forcing McNabb to beat them with pressure in his face, and McNabb wasn't up to the task.

I hope to god that G Williams does this. Pressure McNabb and take away his safety valve in Westbrook. Make the other players step up and make plays. Make it hard on McNabb and Westbrook..

I see what you are saying. GW should lock Rocky on Westbrook for the whole game. He should send some safety blitz packages also. I mean look who McNabb has to throw to......nobody. If we pressure him he is done, because he can run worth **** now.

I see what you are saying. GW should lock Rocky on Westbrook for the whole game. He should send some safety blitz packages also. I mean look who McNabb has to throw to......nobody. If we pressure him he is done, because he can run worth **** now.

Please Please Please cover a westbrook with a linebacker. 1 time is 1 too many.

Rocky can not keep up with Westbrook. Saying McNabb has noone to throw too is looking at the matchups with blinders. LJ, Brown, Avant and Curtis might not be the equivalent of Indy or NE's receivers, but they are respectable. And, #5 is most successful when he gets 3-4 catches to at least 5 receivers.

Rocky can not keep up with Westbrook. Saying McNabb has noone to throw too is looking at the matchups with blinders. LJ, Brown, Avant and Curtis might not be the equivalent of Indy or NE's receivers, but they are respectable. And, #5 is most successful when he gets 3-4 catches to at least 5 receivers.

I think Avant scares me more than Brown right now, lol.

Brown played badly last week.

You must have missed the plays when Nick Barnett shadowed Westbrook. Very effective.

I do not believe the Redskins front 4 can consistently apply pressure to McNabb. They will have to blitz, IMO. If the Eagles are able to pick them up, then McNabb should be able to exploit them. If he doesn't, it'll certainly help the Skins out quite a bit. It's no secret that beating McNabb requires in-his-face pressure, along with decent to good coverage.

It should be interesting.

PF

Rocky doesn't need to cover him when he's lined up out wide. He needs to stay on him when he fakes his block and catches a screen.

Westbrook needs to be punished every time he tries to block. They need to wear him down physically. He evades full on hits very well and ducks out of bounds. Make him take the brunt of it when he's "blocking".

The Giants scored 13 points just like the Eagles did. They didn't fair any better. Greenbay may have the top dline in the NFL, but they are certainly better than the Redskins defensive line. The Skins line is one of the worst in the NFL, and I would expect they don't get much pressure, unless they blitz.

HAHAHA.

Yeah we have our answer. It was the Eagles offense, not so much the GB defense.

Oh yeah, and your boy Reggie Brown had yet another horrible game.

Good times. :eaglesuck

The Redskins D is back to that man to man style BnR D w/ blitzing from different angles.

Nobody(except the blind homers like myself :laugh: ) expected us to win and WE DID, nobody expected our D to keep Mcnabb from throwing ANY TDS and we did.

1 division foe down and the Giants will be the next! HTTR!!

Archived