Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Pierce, All Talk, No Play

monte55coleman

looks like he had a bad game, and fans thinks he lost a step. I still think he is a good player, but when you talk as much as he does, but fail to play to that level, your fans will notice. I expect him to step things up against the Packers and then against us. You know how that goes.

http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/2007/09/11/giants-cowboys-review/

"Mathias Kiwanuka was not the worst LB Sunday night

No, I won’t be an apologist that wants to give Kiwanuka credit for trying. He played bad, looked lost, and missed too many assignments to excuse him. But our worst LB, and possibly worst defensive player that night was our man in the middle, Antonio Pierce. I watched the tape on passes over the middle over and over and he is more to blame than Kiwanuka. His struggle to change direction and diagnose routes were the main reason Romo sits to pee had a field day on our defense in the intermediate game. He also was getting pushed back and not letting his presence be known in the running game. It just seemed like plays where he usually drives the RB back a couple yards turned into the RB pushing him back a couple yards. With Kiwanuka sure to struggle in the adjustment period, Pierce needs to step it up big time."

Read the comments below as well on what other Giants fans think:

"

Archived