Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trotter's Cap Number?

Eagles_Legendz

You don't know that Samuels and Arrington count 27 percent of it. What was likely a false media report says that, but, the NFLPA doesn't agree and neither does the team. So, until those two sides change their numbers, Arrington counts about $5.2 million less some sites have stated.

As for Trotter, his total cap hit appears to be $2.5 million.

Ok, here's another pet peeve of mine. I'm not attacking you, but most people on this board dont pay any attention. KFFL aggregates news from OTHER sources. They dont write their own articles. When someone says "I saw it on kffl", they mean "I saw it on the joe billy bob hick gazette", or, in this case, from The Washington Times. You saw a news snippet from a Washington Times article. If you didnt already know it, the Times has an absolutely horrid track record for accuracy relating to Skins reporting.

Im 95% sure they are double counting what is simply a $3 million dollar installment of the original signing bonus. Looking back at Washington Post articles at the time of Arrington's signing, it specifically states that the signing bonus would be payed out in three installments.

Originally posted by TheChosenOne

Ok, here's another pet peeve of mine. I'm not attacking you, but most people on this board dont pay any attention. KFFL aggregates news from OTHER sources. They dont write their own articles. When someone says "I saw it on kffl", they mean "I saw it on the joe billy bob hick gazette", or, in this case, from The Washington Times. You saw a news snippet from a Washington Times article. If you didnt already know it, the Times has an absolutely horrid track record for accuracy relating to Skins reporting.

Im 95% sure they are double counting what is simply a $3 million dollar installment of the original signing bonus. Looking back at Washington Post articles at the time of Arrington's signing, it specifically states that the signing bonus would be payed out in three installments.

Alrighty. Not arguing. :pint:

EL,

I have the same peeve that TCO does. KFFL is simply regurgitating what some news organization wrote. What you saw on KFFL is what the Washington Times wrote. The Washington Times wrote it with no quotes. No agent quotes. No player quotes. No team quotes. No league quotes. No player association quotes.

No explanation as to why Lavar would be the one player in the whole of football to have a different base salary than the NFLPA knows about. While it may turn out that Lavar gets an acceleration that makes the article true, at this point, it's junk and it's very likely it's an article written with some misunderstood information.

Archived