Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We May sign another receiver?

Mania

People its a 5th wr. Besides the Patriots, name the other fifth wr's on any other team. You can't do it unless your a fan or you look it up.

I think my problem with our roster is that we have 3 true number 2/3's and no true traditional number 1 Art Monk big possession receiver. And Thrash IS our #5 that Gibbs needs to be a special teams guy, he is only listed as a 4 b/c we dont have anyone else. Who is our backup to Moss, Thrash? This is no knock against Moss at all he is our best player IMO, and he is adapting his game for the WR screen and short passes and has bulked up to 200 lbs to be our number one. We are just one dimensional with ALL our receivers between 5-10 190lbs and 6' 204lbs. The speed is useless on a short field taking Moss our best catcher off the field. Our play selection is limited to no WR's at the point - good luck passing. Campbells yards per game last year were less than Brunell and we need to pass deep a helluva lot more often to make our WR roster optimized. On 3rd and 5 I am going to cross my fingers our smurfs dont get crushed on every 6 yard button hook. Our passing offense is the same as last year and it sucked last year. Campbell studied so that is good as I try and remain optimistic but this has been happening for 3 years now.

On a traditional team Moss is a 2 ARE & Lloyd are 3's and Thrash is a #5. I know Gibbs loves Smurfs but he would have no rings if it werent for Art Monk.

Just because somebody is 6'4 doesn't mean he automatically becomes a good red zone target. How many redzone catches does Mcmullen have? There is a lot more that goes into being a good WR.

If you were a QB, do you honestly think a guy 5'10 will be as good a target as a guy that is 6'4" in the redzone? All things equal it is a no brainer! The tall guy WILL have much longer arms and need not be fast since there is no where to run. This is where our smurfs wont even be in the game. And teams know Cooley is our over the middle guy. If he is, then we we have no TE since ours is acting as a #1 WR.

Archived