Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attention Boston-Area Redskins Fans!

Bostonian B&G

Hey Folks - quick thread to gauge the Redskins scene here in Boston.

I've lived in Boston for four years, and have watched all my Redskins games at Roggie's in Cleveland Circle. They're your standard NFL Ticket sports bar & grille with dozens of beers on tap and pretty decent food. Patriots fans aside, the fans who show up at Roggie's are pretty diverse since the bar's in Boston's Brighton neighborhood, which is home to a lot of out-of-towners.

Roggie's is a perfectly acceptable place, and I've become fond of it since moving here. The owner knows me and usually sets me up with a decent TV (albeit usually without sound since AFC East games get priority). It'd be great to draw some more Redskins fans in there, but I'm posting to see if any other local Skins fans know of better places to watch Redskins football. I admit I'm usually one of only two or three (tops) Skins fans @ Roggie's, and it's probably time to change that this year.

Thoughts?

Hey, I'm a 'skins fan moving from Baltimore to Boston this weekend (staying for Sunday to watch locally, of course.) I'm glad to have read your tip about Roggie's, so I'll probably be there next weekend - maybe we'll run into each other. Is it close to Boston University/Fenway?

Roggie's isn't far from the Fenway; I myself live in that neighborhood and it's a 10-minute ride on the Green Line to reach the bar. You can take the Green Line's C-Branch to the end (Cleveland Circle), the D-Line to Reservoir (fastest), or the B-Line to Chestnut Hill Avenue (then walk south toward Cleveland Circle) to reach the bar. If you're driving, it's even easier, with parking free on Sundays and plentiful at Cleveland Circle.

If I were in boston, as a redskin fan, I'd think of making an organization:

Boston

Area

Redskins

Fans

And see the BARF acronym, then just move out of town.

LOL. I'm new to the area. Downtown Boston is a bit of a hike for me factoring driving to the T and taking into Boston. Hopefully some Sunday I will make it down to Roggie's (sp)

I live in the Fenway area and go to GameOn to catch the Skins games whenever I can. There's two or three jersey-wearers I've seen there on a regular basis. Will consider Roggies as well as it's back in my old BC neighborhood. Great to see some folks in Boston rooting for the Skins. Can't wait for Oct. 28th against the Pats.

i live in western ma so i wont be going to boston but if there are any redskin fans that live out this way they are always welcome to watch any games at my house. i have nfl sunday ticket with superfan, a fifty inch high def tv with surround sound and a big deck with a grille.

i live in western ma so i wont be going to boston but if there are any redskin fans that live out this way they are always welcome to watch any games at my house. i have nfl sunday ticket with superfan, a fifty inch high def tv with surround sound and a big deck with a grille.

I'm in Spencer, which is much closer to your end of the world than Boston (just outside Worcester). I may actually take you up on that offer at some point in time.

I'm in Spencer, which is much closer to your end of the world than Boston (just outside Worcester). I may actually take you up on that offer at some point in time.

anytime you want. if the skins are on i will be in front of the tv and any skins fan is always welcome in my house.

i just bought a truck in westboro so i was recently out your way a couple of times.

Job relocated me to Western Mass last year. Watched every game at a sports bar Champions in the basement of a Marriott. We had about 5 or 6 of us at each game (Unbelievable Turnout!). Plasmas all the way around with every game on it. Diverse group of fans. I'm hoping for the same this year but who knows.

:cheers:

Job relocated me to Western Mass last year. Watched every game at a sports bar Champions in the basement of a Marriott. We had about 5 or 6 of us at each game (Unbelievable Turnout!). Plasmas all the way around with every game on it. Diverse group of fans. I'm hoping for the same this year but who knows.

:cheers:

i have been to that mariott a couple of times and i think i know of the bar you speak of. that sounds like it would be cool to check out a game or two there with some other skins fans.

if for some reason you cant watch the game there the invitation to watch the game at my place certainly extends to you as well.

i cant even imagine what it would be like to watch the games with other skins fans, i am so used to being surrounded by pats fans.

I grew up in Southbridge. If I fly home to see my parents this season I'll shoot you a PM to go catch a game. I was home two years ago during football season and we drove all around Sturbridge, Auburn and Worcester (basically up and down Route 20) to find a bar with the dish and I couldn't find one! :doh:

Where do you catch the games?

Im hailing from the quaint, shoot-em-up mid-Mass city of Fitchburg. Pretty central. Ill be going to the Skins/Pats game in Oct. Unfortunately, I married a Pats fan, but shes cool as the Skins are her NFC team as the Pats are my AFC team.

Anyway, thank god for DTV and NFL Sunday Ticket...plus Im an avid Fantasy Footballer (as is my bride) so when the Skins arent on, we can catch the action of our random FF players. I love this time of year!

:logo: :point2sky :logo:

i have been to that mariott a couple of times and i think i know of the bar you speak of. that sounds like it would be cool to check out a game or two there with some other skins fans.

if for some reason you cant watch the game there the invitation to watch the game at my place certainly extends to you as well.

i cant even imagine what it would be like to watch the games with other skins fans, i am so used to being surrounded by pats fans.

Well, I'll be honest. I'm very concerned about not being around ANY other skins fans this year. Last year was the biggest surprise I could have hoped for (besides a winning season). I'll be at Champions for our first game hoping that the other guys are there too. The bartender is a colts fan who hates the Pats so it's always a good time. I haven't been there since our last game last season so I really have no idea what to expect. You are certainly more than welcome to come and I appreciate the offer!!

HTTR

Edit: By the way the food was horrendous last season but the beer is always cold

I grew up in Southbridge. If I fly home to see my parents this season I'll shoot you a PM to go catch a game. I was home two years ago during football season and we drove all around Sturbridge, Auburn and Worcester (basically up and down Route 20) to find a bar with the dish and I couldn't find one! :doh:

Where do you catch the games?

Unfortunately, I DON'T get to see most of the games. For a city of 150K people, Worcester is the absolute butt end of the sports bar world. If I had a ton of money I'd get some people together and start one, but I don't. We've got places with the dish, they just don't tend to show many different games.

Especially since we're normally playing at the same time as the Patriots games, and there isn't a bar in Worcester County that seems interested in putting anything else on when the Pats are playing.

Gizzle, are you planning on heading down to Champions this Sunday? If you do, would you please let us know how it is? That might be the best bet for you, redskinss, amd I to get together without putting anyone out too much. It wouldn't even be too far for Wyndorf25 if he wanted to join us. It would definitely be quite a haul for actorguy, but he might find it more appealing to head in and hang with the Boston crowd.

Definitely, if nothing else those of us in the Central/Western MA area need to get together someplace for a minimum of one game this year.

-MSF

I am flying out for the Skins/Pats game. Never been to Boston. Would love some suggestions. Where is a good part of town to stay (good bars/club area) and is there public transportation to the stadium or do I need a car?

If you haven't booked the flight yet, I suggest flying into/out of TF Green Providence, PVD). It's not nearly as busy as Logan. And it's easier to get to than Logan. Gillette is equidistant from both Boston and Providence. Some visiting NFL teams stay in Providence (unfortunately, I think the Skins don't).

If you're staying in Boston, they have a decent transit system www.mbta.com , "The T" as it's commonly known. You can take the commuter rail out of South Station in Boston (or Providence if you're staying around there) to Foxboro. It doesn't give you time for tailgating, but you avoid the traffic (only Route 1 feeds the stadium from the south and north).

I don't know much about the bars and such, I mostly go to Boston for the Sox games, and I'm not much of a bar person. Hopefully those in Boston won't mind our Skins defeating the Pats on Oct. 28th, because they're still celebrating a Red Sox World Series championship. (Wishfull thinking on both parts... No offense towards fans of other ballclubs.)

Archived