Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Protein Bars

method man

I have bars for pre-workout and post-workout but I'm looking for a low GI bar (high fiber) with ~ 30 g of protein to have in the mornings for breakfast. Snickers Marathon Protein Performance Bar was perfect but it is too expensive to get online (12 bars for 37 bux...heck no). What are some alternatives? If possible, I am trying to avoid bars with sugar alcohols.

make your own like me. :)

or Bulking:

MagicPunt's MRBs (Meal Replacement Bars):

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups Oatmeal

1/2 Cup Natural Peanut butter

1 cup Skim Milk

4 Scoops Protein Powder

dash of cinnamon

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)

top with 4-8 packets splenda

put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:

11g fat (good monounsaturated fats)

26g carbs

21g protein

285 calories

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)

3 Cups Oats

1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)

2 Cups Skim Milk

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)

3g fat

28g carbs

29g protein

257 calories

These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR postworkout.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Posted by KMW

I'm sure this has been coverd a million times on here but i'll pimp the bar i like.

1cup milk

2cups protein powder

package of fat free pudding

3cups of oats

mix powders and milk, stir in oats, pam muffin tin and put in fridge to set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1cup cottage cheese

1/2 cup ff yogurt

4 scoops whey (I used ON's vanilla)

put these in the blender

stir in 3cups oats,

form

cut

FREEZE

Then ziplock and keep them in the freezer, add a pinch of oats to the bags, and when 2-4 hours later they are moist and great,

200cal

3g fat

23.75 c

20.75 protein

might wanna add some sweeter if you use plain yogurt, cause you can sure taste it, and it adds a sour tang to them, but i do like them alot

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Mondesi02 posted these:

STRAWBERRY & BANANA MEAL REPLACEMENT BARS

Makes 6 bars

1 cup raw oatmeal

5 scoops of strawberry protein powder ( 90g of protein)

1/4 cup fat free cream cheese

1/2 cup non fat dry milk powder

2 egg whites

1/4 cup water

1 1/2 bananas, mashed

2 tsp. canola oil (this is the secret to moist bars instead of the traditional dry bar)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x9 square pan with cooking spray & set aside. In a med.ium bowl combine oatmeal, Protein powder & dry milk. Set aside. In another bowl beat together with an electric hand mixer, cream cheese, egg whites, bananas, water & oil. Add the oat mixture & continue to beat until the two are combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan & bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Calories-203, Protein 22g, Carbs 22g, Fats 3g

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delphene's Protein Bar Recipe

3 1/2 cups rolled oats

1 1/2 cups dry milk

1 tbsp cinnamon

1 cup lite syrup

2 scoops protein powder

2 egg whites

1/4 cup orange juice

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup craisins (cranberry/raisins, or cranberries or raisins) or chopped apple and chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients as you add them to each other and then in a waxpaper lined cookie sheet spread the mixture out. After you do this and before you bake them, take a butter knife and cut them into 10 squares. Put them in a 325' oven until lightly browned (about 15 minutes) and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks without refrigeration.

Makes 10 Bars 1Bar = 200 calories 12.2 g protein 25 g carbs.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Totalnatal posted this:

found this one on the net , I'm going to make it soon , looks good and doesn't need PB !!!

Ingredients:

* 6 Egg Whites

* 1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)

* 200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)

* 3 servings of casein protein chocolate Powder (Any other flavour could be used.)

* 150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)

* 2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)

* 2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)

Preparation:

1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

2. Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)

3. Find a baking tray approx. 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.

4. Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent to mixture sticking.

5. Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.

6. Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.

7. Leave to cool and then cut into 3 pieces with a sharp knife

These bars are supposed to be great:

calories:336

Proteins:37.6

Carbs:42g

Fat:4.6!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 cups oats

8 protein servings

12 tbsp of PB(I can only use commerical that means no natty PB sadly...)

1.5 cup of milk non fat

2 egg whites

2 tsp of baking powder

1/2 tsp of salt

Preparation:

Combine the above ingredients and put in a oiled (use pam) 9x9 pan.

Bake @ 350 for 35 min.

Makes 11 bars. When they are cool, put them in the fridge or they will go mouldy in a few days.

Per bar:

Calories:275

Protein:27g

Carbs:21g

Fat:11g

INGREDIENTS

10 tbsp. natural peanut butter

5 egg whites

5 scoops whey protein (I find that chocolate mint tastes the best in this recipe, however chocolate tastes good as well)

2 cups oats (OPTIONAL: For flavor, I dry cook these on a frying pan until they are toasted)

1/2 cup soy milk

DIRECTIONS

Mix the peanut butter and egg whites in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and mix well (so that the mixture appears smooth). Repeat 4-5 times until all traces of egg whites have dissolved into the peanut butter, and your mixture is a smooth consistent one.

Gradually add the protein (one scoop at a time) and stir into the mixture. Next, add the soy milk and follow with the oats. Continue mixing until a thick 'sticky' mixture is present.

Smooth the thick mixture into a 13x9 tray and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 10 equal size bars. Individually wrap each bar (I use aluminum foil) and store in the fridge.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Bar

Calories: 220

Protein: 20.1g

Fat: 10.1g

Carbohydrates: 15.1g

More here..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=346329

EAS has good stuff. Its got 30 g's of protein in their bars. The label says 15 g of sugar but the ingredients list sugar and splenda in it. I don't eat their bars but I drink their whey. It seems to have worked the best out of all the other brands. I make sure to get in at least 1 g per lb of body weight or more every day of protein from different sources.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=ZD-1046

make your own like me. :)

or Bulking:

MagicPunt's MRBs (Meal Replacement Bars):

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups Oatmeal

1/2 Cup Natural Peanut butter

1 cup Skim Milk

4 Scoops Protein Powder

dash of cinnamon

top with 4-8 packets splenda

11g fat (good monounsaturated fats)

26g carbs

21g protein

285 calories

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)

3 Cups Oats

1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)

2 Cups Skim Milk

3g fat

28g carbs

29g protein

257 calories

These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR postworkout.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Posted by KMW

I'm sure this has been coverd a million times on here but i'll pimp the bar i like.

1cup milk

2cups protein powder

package of fat free pudding

3cups of oats

mix powders and milk, stir in oats, pam muffin tin and put in fridge to set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1cup cottage cheese

1/2 cup ff yogurt

4 scoops whey (I used ON's vanilla)

put these in the blender

stir in 3cups oats,

form

cut

FREEZE

Then ziplock and keep them in the freezer, add a pinch of oats to the bags, and when 2-4 hours later they are moist and great,

200cal

3g fat

23.75 c

20.75 protein

might wanna add some sweeter if you use plain yogurt, cause you can sure taste it, and it adds a sour tang to them, but i do like them alot

Mondesi02 posted these:

STRAWBERRY & BANANA MEAL REPLACEMENT BARS

Makes 6 bars

1 cup raw oatmeal

5 scoops of strawberry protein powder ( 90g of protein)

1/4 cup fat free cream cheese

1/2 cup non fat dry milk powder

2 egg whites

1/4 cup water

1 1/2 bananas, mashed

2 tsp. canola oil (this is the secret to moist bars instead of the traditional dry bar)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x9 square pan with cooking spray & set aside. In a med.ium bowl combine oatmeal, Protein powder & dry milk. Set aside. In another bowl beat together with an electric hand mixer, cream cheese, egg whites, bananas, water & oil. Add the oat mixture & continue to beat until the two are combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan & bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Calories-203, Protein 22g, Carbs 22g, Fats 3g

Delphene's Protein Bar Recipe

3 1/2 cups rolled oats

1 1/2 cups dry milk

1 tbsp cinnamon

1 cup lite syrup

2 scoops protein powder

2 egg whites

1/4 cup orange juice

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup craisins (cranberry/raisins, or cranberries or raisins) or chopped apple and chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients as you add them to each other and then in a waxpaper lined cookie sheet spread the mixture out. After you do this and before you bake them, take a butter knife and cut them into 10 squares. Put them in a 325' oven until lightly browned (about 15 minutes) and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks without refrigeration.

Makes 10 Bars 1Bar = 200 calories 12.2 g protein 25 g carbs.

Totalnatal posted this:

found this one on the net , I'm going to make it soon , looks good and doesn't need PB !!!

Ingredients:

* 6 Egg Whites

* 1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)

* 200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)

* 3 servings of casein protein chocolate Powder (Any other flavour could be used.)

* 150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)

* 2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)

* 2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)

Preparation:

1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

2. Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)

3. Find a baking tray approx. 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.

4. Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent to mixture sticking.

5. Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.

6. Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.

7. Leave to cool and then cut into 3 pieces with a sharp knife

These bars are supposed to be great:

calories:336

Proteins:37.6

Carbs:42g

Fat:4.6!!!!!

3 cups oats

8 protein servings

12 tbsp of PB(I can only use commerical that means no natty PB sadly...)

1.5 cup of milk non fat

2 egg whites

2 tsp of baking powder

1/2 tsp of salt

Preparation:

Combine the above ingredients and put in a oiled (use pam) 9x9 pan.

Bake @ 350 for 35 min.

Makes 11 bars. When they are cool, put them in the fridge or they will go mouldy in a few days.

Per bar:

Calories:275

Protein:27g

Carbs:21g

Fat:11g

INGREDIENTS

10 tbsp. natural peanut butter

5 egg whites

5 scoops whey protein (I find that chocolate mint tastes the best in this recipe, however chocolate tastes good as well)

2 cups oats (OPTIONAL: For flavor, I dry cook these on a frying pan until they are toasted)

1/2 cup soy milk

DIRECTIONS

Mix the peanut butter and egg whites in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and mix well (so that the mixture appears smooth). Repeat 4-5 times until all traces of egg whites have dissolved into the peanut butter, and your mixture is a smooth consistent one.

Gradually add the protein (one scoop at a time) and stir into the mixture. Next, add the soy milk and follow with the oats. Continue mixing until a thick 'sticky' mixture is present.

Smooth the thick mixture into a 13x9 tray and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 10 equal size bars. Individually wrap each bar (I use aluminum foil) and store in the fridge.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Bar

Calories: 220

Protein: 20.1g

Fat: 10.1g

Carbohydrates: 15.1g

More here..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=346329

I wish I could man but I'm at college. I'll try that on break though. I've been searching for days but I haven't found that high-fiber high-protein bar anywhere except the expensive Snickers one.

First off don't start with that SPLENDA is made from sugar crap because it still has CHLORINE in it.....

it is a carcinogen and once a long term study is released it will be banned just like the other 20000 other fake sugars....

back on topic.....

what is a good alternative to a post workout bar.....

there is NOTHING beter than real food......

no shake, no bar and NO pill.......

real food.....period.....

Archived