Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins 2003 draft should look like this.......

NVskinsfan

Originally posted by MRMADD

Russell, to me, is like a lottery ticket. I'm pretty sure we're gonna get nothing. If we get anything at all, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If he turns out to be really good, I'll be freakin' shocked.

Same goes for using a draft pick this year for a wr.

Actually in a perfect world, this years draft should look like this; :)

1) Trade down to late 20's to 32. Take manuwai or Steinbach

2) with the trade downs you get an extra 2cd and 3rd

(using the list below of the top 100 prospects - by the way they will not be drafted in this order/some will go higher than projected);

you take 2 of these in the 2cd: Rashaun Woods, Dockery, Wilfork, Robertson, cory Redding

3) with the two 3rds, you take two of polamalu, Ty Warren, Romberg

I think if this were to happen quite a few skins fans would be sh*tting their pants in disbelief.

And it should help the cap with no top 15 big rookie contract.

If we're talking about perfect world scenarios. We get Price as an FA (in this case, he's what those who like him say he is). The best available guard (I think there are some good ones that may be available). In the draft then, we should go with a rush end like Suggs (but I'm wary of the size issue but not a concern in a perfect world), take the guard, take the safety, rest would be the best player available.

Everyone mentions safety, but which one? Free or Strong. I think what we need is both but what we desperately need is a Free Safety. David Terrell just doesn't cut it.

I would love to see us take Terrence Holt out of N.C. State. We could probably get him in the late 2nd or early third. Not only is he the best free safety in college, he's a special teams ace. I don't have his numbers for this year but up to this year he's blocked 7 FG's and 2 punts.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

I seriously hope we pick up a big time DT in the first round. I really wanna see Jimmy Kennedy and Darryl Gardener plugging holes next year

We should learn from last years draft that we dont need to pick the guys in the first round to get talented guys. I have no doubt that we will pick some very talented players this year. My Only suspicion is that we are going to pick the best player avaliable even when it is not something we need (I dont want a CB this year).

I mean if we dont get William Joseph, but get another guy in the 6th round who can come in and start next to Gardener, then I wont have any problem with our draft.

Originally posted by OPM

Same goes for using a draft pick this year for a wr.

If you mean drafting a WR this year and expecting him to produce next season, then I'd agree. The thing is, you have to draft them and develop them. We're trying to build a team, not look for the quick fix. If we draft a fast one this year who can be productive in '04 then we got a good deal.

Archived