Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parity =

ljer

These games are terrible. The Colts, Packers and 9ers have all played TERRIBLE defense this year and of course in the playoffs they all got smoked. The PITT game was good but I don't care about ANY AFC teams so I hardly watched (won't really care until the championship game either and that's only if the Eagles are heading to the Super Bowl) and the NFC games both sucked. What a terrible wildcard weekend.

That said, I think the Giants/Bucs game next week is going to be great. Their D against the Giants O... fantastic matchup.

And now the announcers are talking about Shockey's "great hair." Oy!

I don't know what you guys are talking about, this giants niners game is pretty darn good.

I want the giants to win, but seeing the niners rally like this is nice. 16 points in one quarter and you're calling it a game? What playoff game has ever been secure with that kind of lead going into the fourth.

Garcia and owens can always move the ball. Touchdown. If this isn't exciting, what is?

-DB

It WAS a great game. Don't get me wrong, it was great. I just hate the AFC and had little interest in who won. I was all into the Jets game though until the Colts laid down after the opening kickoff. :D

But now, well this game is getting interesting. If their D can do SOMETHING this next Giant possession, then it'll be a really great game.

But you had to know something would give a little.

The difference between the first three quarters of this game and the other two terrible game has been that the giants were making amazing plays. It wasn't that the niners were sucking. It was tha the giants were stepping up thier game to an unbleivable level. Did you see the sehorn interception?

That's good football!

Did you see the shockey reception to the 1 yard line?

That was good football!

The niners are a good team, but the giants have been playing amazing.

Now the niners are stepping up.

and NOW it is a very good game.

-DB

Parity =

two games coming down to the last second on one day.

The greatest comeback in NFL playoff history.

just remember that when you compain about the league.

I think this playoff sequence has the possibility of becoming one of the best in a while. Just remember, last year's super bowl was also one of the best. All the result of parity.

-DB

Originally posted by TexasEagle

These games are terrible. The Colts, Packers and 9ers have all played TERRIBLE defense this year and of course in the playoffs they all got smoked. The PITT game was good but I don't care about ANY AFC teams so I hardly watched (won't really care until the championship game either and that's only if the Eagles are heading to the Super Bowl) and the NFC games both sucked. What a terrible wildcard weekend.

That said, I think the Giants/Bucs game next week is going to be great. Their D against the Giants O... fantastic matchup.

And now the announcers are talking about Shockey's "great hair." Oy!

A little quick on the predictions!

Originally posted by DrunkenBoxer

Parity =

two games coming down to the last second on one day.

The greatest comeback in NFL playoff history.

just remember that when you compain about the league.

I think this playoff sequence has the possibility of becoming one of the best in a while. Just remember, last year's super bowl was also one of the best. All the result of parity.

-DB

Wasnt is the second greatest comback in playoff history...memo to Frank Reich (was that his name???).

The two games yesterday were some of the most exciting games I've seen this year. I don't care who you're rooting for (although it definitely made me happy to see Shockey and the Giants lose that enormous lead).

Two 15+ point come-from-behind games? What could possibly be boring about that?

Yeesh.

:pint:

It's real hard for me to understand how anyone could b1tch about parity in the NFL. Both of Sunday's games were excellent, and I had fun watching the Packers finally lose a playoff game at home. You can't blame parity for the Colts completely rolling over against the Jets. Who would have thought 8 weeks ago that the Jets would playing so well or that the Browns would have made the playoffs. It wasn't that long ago that the only playoff game worth watching was the NFC championship game b/c you already knew who was going to win all of the other games. It wasn't too fun to be a fan back then unless you were a fan of one of the dynasty teams. That's why there were so many bandwagon fans, b/c they wanted a chance to root for a good team. Parity = maybe the Skins can make the playoffs or even the SB next year with a good offseason. Parity = we don't have to watch the same 3 or 4 teams in the SB year after year. Parity = several good teams in the playoffs instead of 1 or 2 great teams and a bunch of sucky ones. Even though I was lucky enough to be a fan of a good team before the cap and parity, I think the nfl as a whole is much more interesting now.

play in the NFL has definitely deteriorated since the mid-1980's when you had solid teams from top to bottom in the playoffs.

that said, the Sunday games from just an interest standpoint were great :)

not being a Browns or Giants fan, those comebacks were exciting and each game came down to the end.

for those that think defense is not in vogue now, just remember that the Bills mounted an even larger comeback against the Oilers 38-35 10 years ago :)

not a lot of defense in that Dolphins/Chargers playoff game 41-38 either, eh?

was fun to watch though :D

Archived