Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Authentic Jerseys

acason5

Has anyone bought a white authentic jersey from the website? If so, what are the sleeves like? Banded sleeves make the jersey. If they charge that rediculous amount, the sleeves should have a band on them. Just like what they wear on the field. I bought a burgundy Moss jersey and had to send it back because the picture shows the gold and white armband on it but when it arrived it had a solid burgundy band. The pictures should be accurate if they charge $300 for a jersey.

Yes, that photo has been up since early last season on redskins.com. It's a totally inaccurate representation of what is for sale. Authentic jerseys don't look anything like game jerseys. There's been a number of threads on this issue over the last couple years.

Here's one: http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107387

I believe you have 30 days to return your Moss jersey. I would.

i have a couple of authentic jerseys. i was riding back on a shuttle from the stadium and saw i guy with cooley's game worn jersey. he was seated by the tunnel and cooley tossed it to him. the jersey looked nothing like the authentic i had or have ever seen. not only were the sleeves and the cut of the jersey different, but the material was different too. the silky part on the authentics that we would get arent silky looking on the game worn jerseys. they arent as shiny.

i have gotten 2 jerseys from ebay now and they are both pretty damn cool. they are "knock offs" supposedly but i cant tell the difference and nobody else can either.

i even got a sean taylor throwback jersey from the 2000 year. even though he wasnt there i dig it.

Why does everyone consider whether or not there is elastic in the armband to be a defining feature of an authentic jersey? First of all, as someone has already pointed out, the very term "authentic" is a misnomer because the only way you get what the players actually wear is if you're lucky enough to have been given one personally. More to the point, however, elastic armbands are not a default feature of any game worn jersey, but instead are tailored to the specific player's requests and lots of the players prefer to do without the elastic. I'm pretty sure that Brunell goes without the elastic as do a lot of other qb's.

I have a few authentic jerseys and they do not have the elastic on the sleves. I could not send them back because they are personalized but they are old school players for the 80s and 90s and the sleves are how they were on the jerseys of that era so it does not bother me that much.

Why does everyone consider whether or not there is elastic in the armband to be a defining feature of an authentic jersey? First of all, as someone has already pointed out, the very term "authentic" is a misnomer because the only way you get what the players actually wear is if you're lucky enough to have been given one personally. More to the point, however, elastic armbands are not a default feature of any game worn jersey, but instead are tailored to the specific player's requests and lots of the players prefer to do without the elastic. I'm pretty sure that Brunell goes without the elastic as do a lot of other qb's.

Because, if we're gonna pay $200+ for a jersey, I want it to be the same one that Portis wears. Down tot he wire.

Don't these idiots know that if these jerseys were actually authentic, that my die hard ass would buy a lot more of them? Bad business. I sent one back already and they lost out on $300. I spent it on tickets to Lambeau in Oct. Their loss, my gain I guess. I'll just have to wear one of my replicas to the game. By the way, I envy all you living in the DC area. I am a Redskins fanatic in Iowa. My aunt and uncle living in Maryland sent me Redskins stuff since I was four and have been a fan for 25 years. I get to "be with my people" whenever I visit. It is a treat to not get crap for being a Redskins fan. Let's kick some ass this year.

Whythe very term "authentic" is a misnomer because the only way you get what the players actually wear is if you're lucky enough to have been given one personally.
You can buy them on eBay and a few online websites. The Redskins also sell them in January during their tent sale. If you search the classified forum, you'll find at least one thread discussing this with pics included.

More to the point, however, elastic armbands are not a default feature of any game worn jersey, but instead are tailored to the specific player's requests and lots of the players prefer to do without the elastic.

Their are two types of "default" gamer jerseys. The ones with the snug sleeves first began appearing in the late 80s. Only a few players wore snug sleeves back then, mostly linemen. Most (80-90%) players nowadays choose the snug elastic armband type. A few players do choose the loose sleeves type. Both of these sleeve types come this way from the manufacturer. Specific tailoring, such as shorter length and/or larger/wider necks and/or sleeves, etc., are done per the a player's request.

Archived