Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greer Making The Team?

Thinking Skins

Does anyone other than myself think that he is in trouble now in terms of making the team? I meah, he has been drastically outplayed by just about everybody in our secondary. And there is really no reason to keep him. If he starts thursday, I think it will just be to make sure that he is given every opportunity to succeed. But I just dont see this happening.

Meaning, I presume, that you believe they will keep Harrison for STs and depth and hope to season his considerable physical skills for the nickel or dime spot in the future?

I have been quietly hoping for that but I didn't know enough about Greer to know if there was a valid argument for it or if I was just pulling for the guy because I watched him play quite a bit in college.

When Greer was signed, I asked my father-in-law (Big Bills Fan) about Donovan's performance. He asked, "Who's that?". After chucking alittle, he said that he was pretty worthless in Buffalo, mediocre special teamer and Dime back, and probably would be here also. Gotta respect the man, he's a great evaluator of talent and creator of wonderful progeny.

HTTR,

Bill, the FL Chief

Once again I go back to the old axiom that teams don't let good players just entering their primes go in free agency, they lock them up.

Arguments have been made here that Greer was indeed wanted by the Bills. But it seems far-fetched to believe that the Bills could not have re-signed him for reasonable dollars considering the deal he got here and considering the fact the Bills later went into the draft to get a corner.

So there was a need on the team for a corner. And if Greer, at 27, showed ability, wouldn't it have been easier to tell him he would be the starter and then proceed to lock him up?

That would have saved the team a #1 pick they could have used elsewhere on their team.

I think Gregg Williams came in and decided Greer was no better than a solid backup player in the NFL and he could do better at corner in the draft and by developing younger players.

Archived