Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The next great Cowboy QB may be...

Buddha

:rotflmao:

From ffmastermind.com--

New York Newsday, citing ABC Radio, reports new Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells wants Jets QB Vinny Testaverde to be his quarterback in 2003. Parcells wants a veteran to take the reigns in the 2003 season to allow QB Chad Hutchinson more time to learn the position. Testaverde, 39, could gain his release from the Jets if he threatens to retire which would accelerate $8 million in bonus money that has yet to hit the Jets' salary cap into the 2003 cap.

Originally posted by The Angry Buddha

:rotflmao:

From ffmastermind.com--

New York Newsday, citing ABC Radio, reports new Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells wants Jets QB Vinny Testaverde to be his quarterback in 2003. Parcells wants a veteran to take the reigns in the 2003 season to allow QB Chad Hutchinson more time to learn the position. Testaverde, 39, could gain his release from the Jets if he threatens to retire which would accelerate $8 million in bonus money that has yet to hit the Jets' salary cap into the 2003 cap.

I heard somewhere else that Parcells was going for Plummer. But that's just it: these are just rumors, and some are probably started by agents.

yup -- i heard the same thing

that, actually, sounds like a good idea... Vinny T isn't anything special, but he's Joe Montana compared to what Dallass has had since Aikman...

sounds like Billy P is doing the same thing Spurrier did -- bringing in former players to help the younger ones...

anyone wanna take bets that Parcells doesn't get one ounce of criticism?

effin media :puke:

In a New York newspaper the other day, Testeverde pretty much said he had no interest in leaving New York or coming to Dallas.

I've been reading quite a bit about that we'll likely pursue Plummer because Parcells is pretty big on him, though he could ultimately be out of our price range due to the fact we do have some money tied up in Hutchinson already.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Plummer or not, I guess the price will determine whether it's a good move or a bad one. He has talent but is erratic.

I hear he's thinking about bring Keith Byers out of retirement. On a somewhat more serious note, Vinny will get killed behind that Dallas O-Line. Plummer would make more sense with his mobility until Parcells gets that O-Line up to speed.

hehe ... I think Hutch has a future but I don't know that he provides a very good chance of winning right now. Look no further than his 2-7 record as a starter this year, taking over for a guy who had us at 3-4 in Q. Granted, other factors played into it beyond Hutch but he's too raw to be a playoff QB right now.

And while I see Parcells bringing in a vet, I'd be shocked to see him bring in a vet that basically has nothing left just to bring him in. Parcells' window of opportunity is only so big, he can't really afford to waste a few seasons with a guy like Testeverde in my mind.

Vinny does not make perfect sense. He's 39 years old. The Cowboys need to build for the future, not give an aging veteran one last season in the sun.

But I'd be thrilled if they tried.

By the way, with Parcells in charge, I wouldn't be surprised if our toughest competition for the FA guards out there didn't all come from Texas -- Dallas and Houston.

Archived