Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's On Your Free Agent Shopping List?

MRMADD

Here's a link to 2003 free agents, which includes likely cap casualties (it's terribly incomplete and has guys like Jansen still on it, but it's the best I could find):

2003 Free Agents

At OG, I think we'd have to consider Randy Thomas (Jets), Mo Collins (Raiders -- knee injury), Mark Tauscher (Packers -- knee injury), Zach Pillar (Titans), and Zach Wiegert (Jax).

At DE, I think Vonnie Holliday and KGB should be looked at. Or maybe we should just throw all our money at Strahan.

Who else should we be looking at?

Whats the word on John Thornton at DT? Anyone know how well he has done so far in the league? I am looking at his scouting profile and it looks pretty nice. Plus he's young and thats always a good thing. This is what I got from an older 1999 draft site.

John Thornton West Virginia 6-3 300

Thornton looks the part of a big time nose tackle with the strength and bulk to dominate versus the run as well as decent quickness in his pass rush. John should be a solid first and second down player early in his career with the ability to clog up the best of NFL run games.

At DT, can Santana Dotson come back from his injury and contribute? At a higher level than Powell or Cowsette?

Also, how about Rams DT Jeff Zgonina? He's a real lunch pail-type player who just gets the job done, in the John Parrella mold. And the guy has been a starter in two Super Bowls. He might not demand too large of a contract, and the Rams might not be looking to re-sign him because their younger guys (Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis).

Thoughts?

Archived