Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking For 1987 Redskins vs. Rams on MNF

radagast5

Does anyone have a copy of (or know where I can locate) the 1987 Monday Night Football game between the Rams and the Redskins?

I believe the Rams won by a score of 30-26.

In particular, I'm looking for a copy of the long kickoff return by Ron Brown where he got into a footrace with Darrell Green.

Any help would be appreciated.

Let's just be clear here that Ron Brown DID NOT beat DG...Ron had full momentum going forward AND DG was off at an angle.

DG WAs indeed faster than Brown...but okay, RB got the TD on that one.

No arguments here, especially since DG beat Brown head to head in the NFL's Fastest Man *twice*. But I haven't seen that play since it happened and I want to see that footrace again.

I saw this again on the NFLN America's Game when they did the 1987 Redskins. And they were talking to DG about that and showed the fastest man competitions and all of that. DG said he didn't catch him...but I thought that he did catch him. He didn't stop the TD but he did get a piece of him around the ankles. The commentator was saying during the clip..who's the fastest man in the NFL? Ron Brown is the fastest man in the NFL!..And I was like BS! DG caught him..just didn't make the tackle! That's my belief and I'm sticking to it!:cool:

I remember that game. If I recall right, Art Monk dropped a couple of key passes in that loss to the Rams.

That game happened during my freshman year in high school. I took a lot of teasing from Ram fans in the schoolyard that next day. Even though I'm a lifelong Southern California resident, I never liked the Rams because of the Georgia factor. I also thought the Rams were "too Disneyland."

Archived