Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Prankster Has Jeremy in Rage

RIDETHEWALRUS

No, I believe he is overreacting and can't take a joke. Shockey has been an emotional player in the NFL, and he has a history of letting his anger get the better of him. And people call us Redskin fans homers. I don't know how you can honestly deny Shockey isn't overreacting to the situation. Dude, just because you're a Giants fan, doesn't mean admitting Shockey is overreacting makes you less of a fan. You and InTikiItrust are almost as bad with this as the Cowboy fan was who tried to defend Michael Irvin cutting a fellow player's throat with scissors because he cut in line.

But where is the evidence that he's overracting? Honestly, I'd like to know. You read the article, and come away with something totally opposite of what I came away with. Again, I think you're making a big mistake on taking the headline on it's word, instead of it's worth. Shockey doesn't come across to me as bitter, or malicious in the actual article. I can't be the only one on here that thinks he was being sarcastic, can I?

But where is the evidence that he's overracting? Honestly, I'd like to know. You read the article, and come away with something totally opposite of what I came away with. Again, I think you're making a big mistake on taking the headline on it's word, instead of it's worth. Shockey doesn't come across to me as bitter, or malicious in the actual article. I can't be the only one on here that thinks he was being sarcastic, can I?

No, you and InTikiItrust (both Giants fans) are the only ones. Maybe you need to re-read the article, and take into consideration that the guy suspected of the pranking is said to "know better than to do that". But whatever, it's obvious you'd rather play the role of apologist right now.

Yeah, Strahan sitting out and mulling retirement has nothing to do with his dissatisfaction with the Giants.

The Giants have had players complaining every year under Coughlin, including Strahan, Tiki, and Shockey. Fining your players for being on time to a meeting isn't going to build a happy and positive clubhouse. Magically that will all change now that Tiki is gone? I don't know whether the fact you are dumping all the problems on Tiki, while simultaneously donning his name and putting your trust in him, is ironic or hypocritical. Probably it's both.

Strahan isn't in camp because he's 35. If he seriously hated the Giants that much, why does he not demand a trade to a team he thinks can win now?

And what's Burress said lately? What's Shockey said lately? What's Strahan said lately?

Here's how I read it...

August 15, 2007 -- ALBANY - Be forewarned. Whoever nailed Jeremy Shockey with the latest training-camp prank is going to live to regret picking this particular target. After lunch yesterday, Shockey went to sign some autographs and revealed a very purple left hand, stained with dye after he stuck it inside his glove, not knowing that it had been booby-trapped with the unwashable substance that banks use to mark money.

Now his hand was already stained. This was the first time the media saw the hand. Is he now pissed? I don't think so.

It will take days for Shockey to remove the deep purple stain, and undoubtedly much less time to identify the culprit.

Unsmiling, the temperamental tight end clearly did not appreciate the gag and vowed revenge.

"Dead man walking," he warned.

I'm sure at this time, someone in the crowd (maybe Schwartz) asked about the hand. Probably turned to them and seriously said "Dead man walking".

Is he still pissed? Was he pissed then? Did he joke with the crowd after? Did he stay angry?

If anyone can answer these questions by reading the article, please, enlighten.

If he happened to Ray Lewis and he said it, would he be a crybaby too?

If Ray Lewis were to say "Dead man walking," the feds would likely get involved.

You are arguing against the facts of the story by saying there are no facts to dispute the story. You have no justifiable premise for your argument.

Actually it did happen to Sean Taylor, he missed practices b/c of a shaving cream pie to the face from dip**** Lavar Arrington. Never once did he vow revenge or what have you.

Edit: Got beat to it. Man that takes a lot though to get shot in the cahones and not throw a fit about it.

Don't forget Laron Landry got shot in the bean bags and not only did he not swear to kill the guy, he refused to disclose who it was knowing that said person would be up a creek with out a paddle with the coaching staff.

Strahan isn't in camp because he's 35. If he seriously hated the Giants that much, why does he not demand a trade to a team he thinks can win now?

And what's Burress said lately? What's Shockey said lately? What's Strahan said lately?

Those problems, again, don't just magically disappear.

Here's how I read it...

Now his hand was already stained. This was the first time the media saw the hand. Is he now pissed? I don't think so.

I'm sure at this time, someone in the crowd (maybe Schwartz) asked about the hand. Probably turned to them and seriously said "Dead man walking".

Is he still pissed? Was he pissed then? Did he joke with the crowd after? Did he stay angry?

Oh, I didn't know you were there. Thanks for the first-hand account.:rolleyes:

Seriously, Shockey has had anger issues during his tenure in the NFL, and when a guy like that "vows revenge" and says "dead-man walking" it's hard to picture it just being a joke.

Oh, I didn't know you were there. Thanks for the first-hand account.:rolleyes:

Seriously, Shockey has had anger issues during his tenure in the NFL, and when a guy like that "vows revenge" and says "dead-man walking" it's hard to picture it just being a joke.

Never said I was there, did I? Maybe you missed this part - "Here's how I read it".

And if the next thing he did was laugh and then say "Good joke, they really got me good so I have to really pull a good prank," is it still a big deal?

No, you and InTikiItrust (both Giants fans) are the only ones. Maybe you need to re-read the article, and take into consideration that the guy suspected of the pranking is said to "know better than to do that". But whatever, it's obvious you'd rather play the role of apologist right now.

You're a funny little guy, I'm an apologist because I disagree with you, huh? What a specious argument, you do realize arguing in this manner cut's both ways, right? I could just as easily argue that you (as a Redskin fan) are predisposed to taking a derisive position on any thing relating to the Giants. And round, and round we would go in semantical nonsense. But I won't, because it is juvenile, and to be quite honest, even more of a time waster than what we're currently arguing about.

Out of all the things you could criticize Shockey on, why this? Seriously, there's so much better material out there, what made you so vitriolic in tone on this particular subject? Did someone give you a purple hand once perhaps, and in that way have some sort of connection with how Shockey must be feeling/thinking? Also, I asked it once already in a previous post, so what the Hell I'll throw it out there again to see if you'll bite and actually bother to give me an answer this time, how has Shockey overreacted? Just show me how, and in what way he crossed the line... pretty please, with sugar on top?

You really are a blind homer as I have ever seen on this board, and that is saying something!!

The was a clear indiciation, in that story that Shockey was pissed. And yet you make another feeble attempt to spin it as "not a problem." When this has been Shockey's MO since day 1!

I could elaborate on it the Redskins stereotype if you wanted me too. Really, it takes a lot more than just being stupid to being a Skins fan. You gotta believe everything you media tells you, blindly follow whatever ownership or coaches tell the media and the fans, believe one thing when everyone else knows the opposite is true and then later accept everyone else's stand for being right..

The list goes on and on.

I didnt know all Redskins' fans were republicans. Thanks:gaintsuck

Archived