Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody "really" excited about the playoffs?

ljer

Obviously we are bummed because the 'Skins are out again, but is anyone (other than you Gints and Iggle fans) really pumped about the playoffs?

I admit I'll watch, but since this parity thing, it just doesn't have the same feel.

Even if the 'Skins weren't in, or eliminated, you still couldn't wait to watch that Championship weekend. San Fran, Dallas, Minny (in the "real" stadium). Pittsburgh, Raiders....you get my drift.

What are we gonna get this year, Iggles vs. Bucs....Raiders vs. Titans ????:snore: :snore: Is this the kind of game you just can't miss?

The NFL has lost some of it's luster and I don't think it may ever return :doh:

Know how you feel, Pal! For the most part, I don't even feel like watching the other guys although I probably will sneak a peek or two. Truthfully, once the Redskin's hang'em up, I'm pretty much ready for the Draft. Pitiful, huh?

Of course I'm excited. This what all the teams minus the Benguls play for.

True, alot of games end up sucking; but it's the final NFL games of the year. In one month- no more NFL football.

Last years Raiders-Pats game was pretty exciting.

It would be more exciting if the Skins were in it, of course.

It's been 10 years of free agency-parity rules. Which isn't bad. Yes, the dominant teams of the past are gone but it gives more team a shot of going.

You can't tell me that this past weekend wasn't interesting with 19 teams still vying for spots.

I love the playoffs!

I can understand that some miss the old days ... I do too, sometimes. But, I also got tired of the same teams getting in and advancing for long stretches at a time. Got to find the positive, I guess.

Some of these match-ups this year look pretty good to me. Though I don't like either Philly or TB, a playoff game between them right now still holds a lot of interest with me. Same with Oak/Ten.

Originally posted by Brave

Some of these match-ups this year look pretty good to me. Though I don't like either Philly or TB, a playoff game between them right now still holds a lot of interest with me. Same with Oak/Ten.

No offense but why would that game interest you? You KNOW the Eagles would win. Because of that, the game would suck.

I think an Eagles - Giants game would be great though!

Its always been hard for me to appreciate the greatness of certain players on other teams, especially division teams. For instance, McNabb and Shockey are good, but I don't see them as great when compared to our great equalizer Lavar. I do, however, admire Brett Favre and look forward to his matchup with Vick. I admit I am still more curious about Vick and regard him as a running back with adequate passing skills (and a gun for an arm). Being from WV, I am a Chad Pennington fan and look forward to watching him. I also appreciate the rivalry between Pittsburgh and Cleveland and openly cheer for Tommy Maddox because I like off-season football like the XFL. With all that said, I am anxious for the AFL on NBC in February and wish Snyder would get off his can and get the Warriors on the Arena field. I expect us to be there next year and I'm hoping for a Packers-Steelers Super Bowl. Sorry, I can't wish a Lombardi Trophy for anyone in our division but us.

Archived