Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I know for a fact, 100 percent," Gardener said, "I will be a Redskin."

DeathByLinebacker

in some regards it is ironic that LaVar resisted being used in a pass rush role on third downs, when his idol #56 from the Giants gained fame for his ability to get to the qb :)

the one point here I would agree with Joe Jacboy about is that LaVar is going to be a more effective rushman starting from a standup position off the line and not in a three point stance.

that would allow Arrington to use that quick first step to get in motion before the OT can get a hand on him.

Sam Huff said the same thing numerous times this season.

At 247, Arrington is not as big as Taylor who was 256 or a guy like Boulware that is now close to 258.

He needs to get that extra step and use his speed.

Rellim,

Marvin's defenses in Baltimore were not aggressive at all. It was well executed and fundamental, but, the execution required individual sacrifice rather than individual excellence in many ways. Sam Adams came to Baltimore and immediately saw every individual measure of his performance fall. Yet, he was better than he'd ever been. He wasn't nearly as aggressive in making tackles but he was more able to adapt his game to allow others to do what he would have done before.

Ask Trotter about what his hardest adjustment was in this defense. With Philly, he would try to go at the ball carrier through the blocker. Here, he is told to take on the blocker in such a way that it forces the play to another spot on the field. He's sometimes not even supposed to make a tackle. He's supposed to make the runner go to someone else. That is absolutely a lack of attacking.

No one is saying what Lewis likes can't or doesn't work.

I'd just prefer Philly's defense right now to Baltimore's defense at its best. I'd prefer that style to the other and we happen to have personnel more suited for that style than the other.

Archived