Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lenny P's tribute to Darrell in his "Morning After" column...

Dirk Diggler

"Washington cornerback Darrell Green finished his final season with zero interceptions. It marked the first time in his career that he failed to snag a single steal. Green figures to be eventually voted into the Hall of Fame"

Gee thanks Lenny. Way to send Darrell out on the up note. Why are class acts like Joel B dropping dead when this SOB continues to live??? :gus: Is there a God?

what's really funny is that the Redskins won 3 Super Bowls and appeared in 4 under Gibbs, and yet according to some of these media types he did it with no one of note other than John Riggins.

Monk retired with the then receptions record, consecutive games with a catch record, etc......but he is a borderline HOFer according to these sources.

Green plays longer than any cornerback in league history, makes 7 pro bowls which only Mike Haynes has bettered and yet is also a borderline case?

And what of the offensive lines that TWICE set the record for Super Bowl yardage with Riggins and then unknown Timmy Smith? I suppose Russ Grimm, despite being voted to the all-decade team of the 1980's, is also a borderline candidate? :mad:

You put up the numbers, you are supposed to get a fair shake.

You can't tell me that Charlie Joiner, who is already in the Hall of Fame was a better or more productive player than Art Monk.

You can't tell me that Lem Barney, another HOFer and excellent player for the 1960's-1970's Lions, was a better cornerback than Darrell Green when you consider their relative careers.

Evidently, this is the only way to contact Lenny the Hut directly:

-From ESPN.COM-

HOW DO I CONTACT ESPN PERSONALITIES?

ESPN's network personalities are not available to handle inquiries, comments or questions via email. However, you can write to them directly at:

[Personality]

ESPN

ESPN Plaza

Bristol, CT 06010

http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/espncsfaq.html#personalitycontact

Did anyone see the REdskins highlights on ESPN on Sunday night? They open up with All of these shots of Emmitt! Nobody in the media gave Darrell any kind of recognition for the career he just finished. Let alone what kind of player he was, and how he carried himself on and off the field.

It seems to me that the media has it out for the Redskins in general. But they are on the Cowboys "johnson" day in and day out.

Another example. On ESPN Classic, they were doing "Sports center 1988" NOT ONE mention of Doug Williams performance in SB 22 or Timmy Smith. The only mention was the "fumble" by Earnest Byner against the Broncos that got them into the SB.

TOTAL BS :jerkoff:

Archived