Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Emmitt Smith, 13 yrds rushing???

NoCalMike

My gawd....I have never seen our defense rip into him like that EVER. Daryl Gardener is a beast and we need to make sure he is here in a Redskins uniform next season. He only needed 20+ yards to break the record, and all the Cowboys fans care more about that than the win, and the Skins D didn't even allow that to happen.

The best run defense since last year's first Philly game. Perhaps even better. I'm tickled to death we stopped Emmitt's 1000-yard streak (and that other streak).

NFL.com has Dallas rushing for about 38 yards on 22 carries.

THAT'S how you beat the Cowboys!

DAL@WAS3.jpg

You know why we beat these cowboys? You know why the cowboys have owned us the past ten? Line Play.

Their D-line would destroy our offensive line every time we tried to do anything on offense. When they had the ball, Emmit would just get behind some of thier amazing lineman and just go.

In this game, we owned the line of scrimmage. Daryl Gardnerer was a big part of that, but Tre, Rock Jansen, Samuels, and even vickers had thier own successes on thier side of the ball. To me the streak has always been about line play, and as we turn one corner, we turn another.

-DB

Too bad it took us 11 tries, but we finally kept Emmitt from having a career day against us. It was a nice bonus to keep him from 1000 yards too.

Campo wasn't kidding. They were a total mess today. We should have won that game by 30 points. The Curse kept it close. Our top three WRs were dropping and fumbling everything that vame their way. We gave them two TDs on turnovers and another on that odd kickoff penalty. Fortunately for us the Cowboys were just so terrible today no Curse could save them. An ugly win, but a much needed one.

At this point I'll take it. :)

Archived