Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another week of Shockey...

ljer

Shocker really irks me, but damn the boy is good.

I think he's good as well, but he doesn't have to act like an a**hole after every five yard catch. He if wants to be compared to Bavaro he should lay off the theatrics.

I got a feeling (I bet Tom thinks it's a good feeling) that the NFC East is gonna get really tired of Shockey over the next 10-15 years.

He's the guy I had in mind when I wondered if the position we needed was "dumpoff guy": The guy who can out-wrestle the ball away from a LB in traffic.

Tom, I seem to recall hearing one of the game announcers saying that a Giant had said he was nervous because their team really only had one WR. Aikman said that the Giants had one WR, a TE, and a RB, and you can win 3 Super Bowls with a combination like that. Sounded like a compliment, to me.

The Giants at 10-6 have had a very good year for themselves. I think everyone (outside of NY) had them finishing no better than 3rd in the East and a lot of people had them down at 4th.

NY needs to resign Collins and beef up their offensive line. They also could use another impact LB and CB.

But the stats from 2002 show a solid offensive core:

Collins 4,000 yards passing

Barber 1,200 yards rushing

Toomer 1,300 yards receiving

Shockey (broke the rookie TE receiving record for team)

Originally posted by Larry

when I wondered if the position we needed was "dumpoff guy": The guy who can out-wrestle the ball away from a LB in traffic.

I always thought the demise of the early-mid 90's Cowboy "dynasty" commences when Novacek (spelling?) retired. No more "dumpoff guy".

Archived