Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

End of a great career

fuji869

On Sunday Dec 29th the career of a great Washington Redskin Player will come to an end. Darrell gave it all to for the Redskins for 20 seasons on and off the Field. It will be different watching the Redskins take the field for the 2003 Season and not seeing #28 in Burgundy and Gold and hopefully we will never see a #28 in Burgundy and Gold ever again!

As my small tribute to my All-Time Favorite Redskin I will drop my fraternity activation # of 869 from my user name and will have 28 for this week. In my own small way of honoring Mr. Washington Redskins!

Originally posted by fuji28

On Sunday Dec 29th the career of a great Washington Redskin Player will come to an end. Darrell gave it all to for the Redskins for 20 seasons on and off the Field. It will be different watching the Redskins take the field for the 2003 Season and not seeing #28 in Burgundy and Gold and hopefully we will never see a #28 in Burgundy and Gold ever again!

As my small tribute to my All-Time Favorite Redskin I will drop my fraternity activation # of 869 from my user name and will have 28 for this week. In my own small way of honoring Mr. Washington Redskins!

I will be there making as much friggin noise as I possibly can!

I was there for his first game, and I feel extremely privileged to be present at his last. He will always be a legend!!!

:wave:

Great work Fuji.

On the topic of Darrell, did anyone hear the "DARRELL DARRELL DARRELL x 1000" chant last game? That was started by the DTC sitting ten rows back of where Darrell took his bow standing on the skins bench. It was a VERY moving event for me and everyone participating in the game yesterday. I will sorely miss darrell and the sense of pride/tradition he brings to D.C.

Originally posted by fuji28

And another thing on Sunday, we will lose our last link to the Joe Gibbs Glory Days. :cry:

And boy do we miss them! Year in and year out he put teams on the field that played as a team, sometimes with lesser talent, and always was making a run for the playoffs. Given the wildcard structure up intill this year, he would have made the playoffs every year but 1988. Will we ever see this again in Washington? We will just have to wait and see.

BTW..I was at Darrell's first game, the Monday night opener in 1983 againt the Cowboys. I new he was going to be a great player when he ran down Dorsset.:pint:

Archived