Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(PFT) Broncos DE Peterson gets busted for 'Roids

Dead Money

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 4:01 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 4:13 p.m. EDT, July 6, 2007

PETERSON GETS POPPED FOR 'ROIDS

The Denver Broncos have announced that defensive end Kenny Peterson has been suspended by the league for violation of the policy against anabolic steroids and related substances. The specific substance for which he apparently tested positive is not known.

He will miss the first four games of the season, but he will be eligible to practice with the team and participate in preseason games. The suspension kicks in as of August 31.

Peterson, a third-round pick of the Packers, signed with the Broncos last September.

Unlike the substance abuse policy, which has multiple levels that apply before a suspension, the steroids policy calls for a suspension upon the first violation.

But, hey, at least he now have the Commissioner declare that he has passed every other steroids test that the NFL has ever imposed on him.

I wonder if he got them from that roided out Punter of theirs...

Sauerbraten?

sauerbraten%200.JPG

I dunno about 4 games really... I dunno what the precedent is but if Goodell is as tough about 'roids as he has been about plain 'ol trouble this could set a new one. I hope so at least.

Oh, it's 4 games. No if's ands or buts. I think alot of players get 4 games for a first offense. Merriman got 4 last year.

I will use this thread to make a comment. Why are people hard on Mr. Goodell? Most of the recent suspensions and such have all been deserved. These players broke the rules and were punished. I am not saying Goodell is the second coming, but he has established a standard of contact and is sticking to it.

Archived