Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please help my Bills friend see the light

REDPepper

Actually it's been two but who's counting. And I would be careful where you throw those stones. Your high water mark was a 9-7 mark and a total record worse than the Skins since Danny bought the team. But gosh at least you have all those draft picks that you've used. And speaking of nice trades, how's that Darwin Walker deal working out for you?

Or were you still pulling our leg?

But have the Bills ever been expected to compete over the past 8 or so years? After the Music City Miracle ( :doh: ), there was little direction for the franchise. But we have been building through the draft, as you mentioned, and we are primed for better season. Im not saying we will win the Super Bowl, or even necessarily make the playoffs, but the pieces are in place so we can continue moving forward. The Redskins do not understand what the draft is all about, and do most of their acquiring of talent through free-agency. It is the same thing every year, just with different names. It simply has not worked, and Snyder must realize this in order to take the Skins to the next level.

And that Walker trade...it seemed alright when it first happened, as we could use another DT for the rotation. But now that Walker is holding out, it seems like we may end up with just a 6th round pick. That's highway robbery.

=JimBowden]Finally, an intelligent attempt at a response. I knew one of you could do it.

No. I base my opinion on the Redskins having one winning season since Dan Snyder bought the team. Since his purchase, it has been nothing but overpaid acquisitions and unfulfilled hype.

I kinda knew after a couple of posts. You were just trying too hard to be obstinant. I'll agree, we've been all hype. But at least our owner tries. Your owner does nothing but whine about how much other teams spend when he gets the same amount with TV revenues. And Snyder actually was the catalyst to help out other franchises who couldn't afford the big signing bonuses. Your owner is cheap= Donald Sterling.

Just because someone accumulates a lot of tackles, it does not mean he is an outstanding player. I watched every Bills game last season, and it was evident that Fletcher accrued his high tackle total from bringing down ball-carriers after solid gains. This was not necessarily his fault, and he was a good player for us, but he is going on 32 years old and is probably on his last legs.

I wouldn't say last legs. 32 is not a death sentence. Like I said before, he's a solid stopgap for H.B. Blades. Ever think his game got worse because GW left and they probably didn't run the same type of defense?

Every team has injuries, dont give me that argument. Williams fizzled out after a couple seasons in Buffalo, and he appears to be doing the same here in Washington. Do not be surprised if your defense struggles again, even when it is healthy.

I don't know what to say about this, but you try starting 2 rookies at DT, play Marshall at MLB (he was a safety in college) when he weighs 210lbs and have most of your defensive backfield on IR- Springs, Proileu come to mind. We had Mike Rumph for god sake. Isn't that enough to warrant a pass for us for 1 year? I won't say we are top 10 next year, but if we're anywhere in the middle, we'll be OK. We do have to get younger on D.

Sure, the Bills draft might have seemed strange on draft day, but it produced 4 starters on defense. FOUR rookie starters in one draft on one side of the ball. Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson at the saftey spots, Kyle Williams at defensive tackle and Keith Ellison at linebacker. Ashton Youboty will probably start at right cornerback this upcoming season. As for Dockery, I will leave that evaluation up to the scouts and coaching staff. The Skins offensive line has been superb over the last few seasons and from what I understand, he was a big part of it.

Simpson was your best pick out of all of them. He played down here in SC if I'm not mistaken. Dockery we'll be a good run blocker if you don't have him pull. He was decent in pass protection, but standing next to Samuels will make anyone look good. Don't expect pro bowls out of him. Still say you guys WAY overpaid for him. He makes more than Hutchison now. That's rediculous. And by the way, we have 6 of our 7 picks next year and Gibbs has stated over and over that we will NOT trade any of our picks away no matter what.

I kinda knew after a couple of posts. You were just trying too hard to be obstinant. I'll agree, we've been all hype. But at least our owner tries. Your owner does nothing but whine about how much other teams spend when he gets the same amount with TV revenues. And Snyder actually was the catalyst to help out other franchises who couldn't afford the big signing bonuses. Your owner is cheap= Donald Sterling.

I wouldn't say last legs. 32 is not a death sentence. Like I said before, he's a solid stopgap for H.B. Blades. Ever think his game got worse because GW left and they probably didn't run the same type of defense?

I don't know what to say about this, but you try starting 2 rookies at DT, play Marshall at MLB (he was a safety in college) when he weighs 210lbs and have most of your defensive backfield on IR- Springs, Proileu come to mind. We had Mike Rumph for god sake. Isn't that enough to warrant a pass for us for 1 year? I won't say we are top 10 next year, but if we're anywhere in the middle, we'll be OK. We do have to get younger on D.

Simpson was your best pick out of all of them. He played down here in SC if I'm not mistaken. Dockery we'll be a good run blocker if you don't have him pull. He was decent in pass protection, but standing next to Samuels will make anyone look good. Don't expect pro bowls out of him. Still say you guys WAY overpaid for him. He makes more than Hutchison now. That's rediculous. And by the way, we have 6 of our 7 picks next year and Gibbs has stated over and over that we will NOT trade any of our picks away no matter what.

Good response. I can see where you are coming from with most of those points.

Archived