Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Georgia CB Oliver to enter supplemental draft

Mark28

Of all postions, why would we have to take a CHANCE on a CB; if we're taking CHANCES, let it be on a DE.

Because, Gregg Williams schemes value the secondary over the dline, the secondary and its cover ability dictates what sort of blitz's that Williams can dial up. If we have elite cover ability in the secondary, we will own everyone.

Because, Gregg Williams schemes value the secondary over the dline, the secondary and its cover ability dictates what sort of blitz's that Williams can dial up. If we have elite cover ability in the secondary, we will own everyone.

and it's not really a chance, other then the chance of him busting. He was slated as a 1st round corner this year or next, he held Calvin "all world" Johnson to 2 catches 13 yards. we are using a draft pick for a player in the draft.

i mean you cannot deny this guys talent. He is regarded as a "Shutdown Corner" , anytime you get that tag in college you are going to be pretty good. First of all if we get him at a low price, we can sign him for cheap and if we need to ever trade we have a springs we could trade, if he shows to be a good CB. I think it might be a little harder in college to hold someone as good a calvin johnson to that little of yardage and calvin is way taller then this guy, so you know he can be physical. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY GOOD CB's. It's just one of those positions you can never have too many good players at. especially if you can sign an elite corner to that price tag.

I hear actually we do have a 4th rounder now because of some cazy ****, where dneve wantedto make sur ethey had a 3d rounder or low 4th rounder. so we actually have out 4th rounder. SO maybe we should use a 3d o 4th round pick on him, I mean its not a waste if we can get a playe that good i nthe 3rd or 4th round this eyar that woulda gone in 1st, or 2nd. because i bet you he is more valuable then anything available at our 3rd or 4th round pick next. I see nothin wrong with oing for this kid. You can't be scared to sign good talent and yey always pull the trigge on over-payed vets. At leat if we sign him he will have something to pove and he will want to show he's woth moe money. IT JUST MAKES SENSE! I bet you spings will buck up too if we get him. eithe rthat or we can trade him and get a 3rd or 4th rounder :-) it will be sorta like a trade.

All I know is that the last "shutdown" corner we took from Georgia ended up working out pretty good. I say pull the trigger and use a 3rd on the guy. I'm pretty sure we would be getting better value than anyone we could pick in the 3rd round next year.

Do it for a 3rd. he'd be cheap. he's solid w/ potential. and he could sit a year behind springs. so next year we'd have smoot, rogers and oliver. young, cheap and solid.

I agree, and the extra year of experince would be a bonus. We invested in Jason Campbell the same way, looking ahead.

Archived