Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help with USB Connection

notoriouslyKEN

I lost a cable to an mp3 player. It was USB on one side and this on the other.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31891

Anybody have a clue what this is or where to get a new cable?? Everyone I have showed this to is befuddled. I think this piece of crap was made in China, but I love it so and don't want to replace it. The site I bought it from no longer sells it either.

Radio Shack sells a universal USB cable, with the standard male connector on one end, and 6 interchangeable ones on the other for about $20.00

you can get this at Target, too...i bought one a few months ago for a similar price

brand model of mp3 player?

i would guess you want this

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Cable-USBa-Connectors/dp/B000067SGI

3408232ss1.jpg

naa thats not the one used for MP3 players. The one he's talking about has the regular USB end and then a smaller, flatter end. Something like this

except dont get that one because its 22 bucks and thats rediculous for a cable, but thats what you want to look for.

Guest sk1nzHEAD
I've got like 6 of those lying around the house, my cell phone, mp3 player, GPS and something else, I think my digi camera all take it...

same here, I have too many they just keep showing up. It's like I have 4 for my phone, 16 for my camera, 36 for my mp3 player....

naa thats not the one used for MP3 players. The one he's talking about has the regular USB end and then a smaller, flatter end. Something like this

except dont get that one because its 22 bucks and thats rediculous for a cable, but thats what you want to look for.

That's actually really close to what I need, it's called "USB Type A Male to Mini B (5 Pin)". Although the one I am looking for is just 4 pins.

Archived