Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sam Rayburn

Ricky Ervins

I had the fealing he would be released with the depth the Eagles have at DT. I also expect a DE to come free possibly Darren Howard but I really do think Rayburn would be worth looking at if nothing else but a rotation player.
Why on Earth would they let Howard go?

I doubt we keep more than 8 D-line total. I think Wynn stays due to his flexibility/lowered cap number. Griffin and Golston are the only 2 locks at DT right now. Salave'a is too much of a liability at this point and I kinda hope we keep him for fear that he may get more injured, and he hasn't produced much for us in 2006. I think Montgomery should stay based on potential.

THat means Daniels, Carter, Wynn

and at DT: Griffin, Golston, Salave'a

Fill in the remaining 2. Demetric Evans perhaps, and then maybe Justin Hickman? Since Wynn can sub in at DT, maybe it'd be smarter to keep 5 DE's and 3 DT's.

Get him. The kid can be dominating at time. You want to talk about a 2-gap DL that gets pressure? That's Rayburn.

seriously, I'd be a little disappointed if the Redskins let this one slip away.

Are you talking about Sam Rayburn? Seriously. :laugh:

I can't believe you just used the word dominating when referring to Rayburn; you know, part of that vaunted Philly run defense.

BTW, take a wild guess how many sacks he has the last two years combined...

Rayburn would be a great pickup...and relatively cheap too....I think the FO has talked up Golston and Monty alot because truthfully they are just crossing their fingers and praying for the best....It would be nice to have someone a bit more proven than those two to rely on if Big Joe goes down again.

Archived