Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor... Ronnie Lott cousin ??!!

sitting bull

Hard to say just how much someone can trust Wiki.

"Wikipedia is the greatest thing ever.... people from all over the world, can write about any topic that they want, so you know you're getting the best avalible information" - Michael Scott

I'm 95% the Nece bit is right, and, about 95% percent sure the Taylor bit is wrong.

It's wikipedia. Anyone can say anything. Don't accept it as fact until you hear it from someone who is being paid to write. I think, based on the playing style, we'd have heard it by now.

Guest RideorDieChic

I find it humorous how one selected piece of info is questionable whereas the rest is accepted, yet all is coming from the same source :laugh:

Since the credibility of Wikipedia is in question reference Sean Taylor being Lotts second cousin then surely we can't readily believe that Nece is Lott's son...matter of fact we ought to disregard all information on there about Lott, right? Right. :silly:

I find it humorous how one selected piece of info is questionable whereas the rest is accepted, yet all is coming from the same source :laugh:

Since the credibility of Wikipedia is in question reference Sean Taylor being Lotts second cousin then surely we can't readily believe that Nece is Lott's son...matter of fact we ought to disregard all information on there about Lott, right? Right. :silly:

The Nece thing is true: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TB/5626218

Since the credibility of Wikipedia is in question reference Sean Taylor being Lotts second cousin then surely we can't readily believe that Nece is Lott's son...matter of fact we ought to disregard all information on there about Lott, right? Right.

The Nece thing is true....however, don't you think that ES would have been all over this the day that ST was drafted? C'Mon now....Lott's cousin HAHAHAHAHAHA....I think I'll go post something on Wiki about Om being one of Joe Gibbs' adopted children

I'm 95% the Nece bit is right, and, about 95% percent sure the Taylor bit is wrong.

It's wikipedia. Anyone can say anything. Don't accept it as fact until you hear it from someone who is being paid to write. I think, based on the playing style, we'd have heard it by now.

unfortunately, in this day and age, getting paid to write doesnt make any writer more credible.

Guest RideorDieChic

I'm neither here nor there about ST being related to Lott. If he is good for him, if he isn't, he is still ST and an asset to the Skins. I'm just tickled pink at some of you trying to demonstrate a discerning eye about Wiki by disregarding one sentence in the entire bio of LOtt :laugh: . Anywho, notice that Rece is not even carrying Lott's name, Lott is a tough act to follow; had ST came in speaking about being Lott's distant cousin it would have been expected he put up LOtt-like plays.

Thanks for the article on Rece. I think it would be expected to find an article on NFL about a direct relative of any HOFer, especially a son or brother...and unless they are absolutely starving for news, would be the only way an article about a DISTANT second cousin would be a headline... Can someone locate an article about some in the NFL being the second cousin of a current or former player? I'm too disinterested to go fetch it for myself... :silly:

Maybe is just me, but I don't think being a second cousin of someone carries much clout. If ST put up Lott numbers during his NFL career, then it would be more proper to note the family relation (if it is true)...heck even in medicine, when finding out family history for ailments, only mom, dad, brother, and sister's health are relevant information. To think about it, in some States second cousins are distant enough to marry, ask any West Virginian:silly: ...

I was at the Golden St. Warrior game the other night and ran into Ronnie Lott. I told him I was a die hard Redskin fan and he mentioned how ST sorta reminded him of himself and how he may be the most feared hitter in the league...made no mention about being a second cousin though.

Guest RideorDieChic

Still laughing, so I suppose since no one ever heard of it, means it is not true??? :laugh:

...for all who have had run in with Mr. Lott, or listen to his show, or whatever, how about you summon up some courage and ask the question directly as oppose to waiting for him to "mention" it? Better yet, can someone ask ST himself. Sigh/

In order to validate or discredit any information one must have SUBTANTIATED evidence; so who better can subtantiated if Lott and Taylor are related other than Taylor or Lott themselves. Just a thought.

When someone ASK either of the subjects at hand the question directly, please let us know. :D

I heard a mention of Taylor/Lott being related on ESPN or the NFL channel in the last week or so. I wasn't directly watching it but I heard that mentioned and thought it was strange I never heard about it before. I can't verify the exact source but it's funny that this thread popped up just a few days after I heard that. Maybe someone else heard what I heard and posted it on Wiki...who knows...and quite frankly, who really cares?

Archived