Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beaches South of D.C

swisha

My friends and I are planning to planning to head to a beach on the Memorial Day weekend. We want somewhere that has a good tourist atmosphere and warm enough water to swim, so probably somewhere down south (at least 4 hours from Northern VA so it feels like a trip). However, we don't want to go to VA beach because we all have been there.

Myrtle beach is an option, but anyone else have any other recommendations? Thanks!

OBX seems like the next logical choice. More of a family type atmosphere and not as touristy as the boardwalks of ocean city and va beach but enjoyable nonetheless. I spend every summer down there and have a great time.

FWIW - If I were looking for more to do with a few friends, Myrtle would be high on the list. Good luck.

Myrtle would be my choice, I've been there every summer for about 4 or 5 years, but this summer were makin a trip down to key west. Its a lot farther but should be crazy. But if you're not lookin to go that far then Myrtle is the obvious choice, definetly hit up Club Kryptonite.

Archived