Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sporting News: Rumor - Eagles draft board down to one

Yomar The Nifty

Let iggles have Merriweather. Just ask Titans fans how they feel right now.

Iggles always came with Kiper's BPA (Bunk and Justice last year). SO they usually earn an "A" after every draft because the "Bargains" they got. However, players drop in the draft for a reason and eagles had to learn it later.

I mean, they have tons of picks every year but the only two worth pro-bowl mentioning are Andrews (guard) and Sheppard (border-line ).

Won't be a WR which I would argue is either #1 or #2 in their biggest needs dept.

My guess is Nelson, Merriweather or maybe Hall?

Any Eagles fans have an idea who it is?

My heart says Meriweather....but the character issues bother me...

My gut says Nelson...but he is said to be a bigger hitter who misses easy tackles

My brain says Griffin....but rumors have it that he struggles against the run

So what does that leave us....Meriweather because of his upside, speed, and the fact that he appears to be the most complete Safety not named Landry. His character issues though major I feel can be blamed on environment and maturity. The Eagles have a solid core of veterans who will shape the kid up and make him a productive person as well as player. Remember, he would be learning from Brian Dawkins, can you name a better teacher and role model around the league thats better?

Archived