Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone see week 6 Skins vs Titans??? ***SPOILER***

Killer Rob

First of all, this is very hard for me to write, so I'm sure it'll make for a tough read, so you might want to abort this thread starting now...

Anyway, the game was on NFL Replay last weekend so I recorded it to see what went wrong.

Going in... I remembered that it was a home game for us that ended with us losing, what I DIDN'T remember was that the Titans were 0-5 coming in against us, Travis Henry would end up rushing for 178 yards and a TD, and Vince Young had a game against our defense that would lead to him becoming the Rookie of the Year.

This was a game that the Redskins needed to win, a game that you check as a win before the season starts when you first look at the schedule, but yet, it ended up being a game in which the Redskins suffered another pathetic loss. Very similar to the embarrassing loss suffered in week one on MNF when the Vikings with a rookie head coach came to town and beat the Redskins with legendary coach Joe Gibbs. All of us checked the Vikings and Titans home games as a sure victory in our preseason polls as a win. Man...WTF happened?!?

Getting back to the game, a few things I noticed were:

Carlos Rodgers was picked on often, but was always shadowing his man pretty well on the plays. The passes were pretty much spot on to the Titans receivers which led to alot of passing yards against Carlos's coverage. The D-Line had very little impact, which led to Travis Henry gaining all those yards and the linebackers in general played horrible being out of position on many big run plays. -with the exception of #53 ofcourse. Marcus Washington seemed to be in on many plays making hits and proving how badass and underrated he is. Everyone knows #21 Sean Taylor crushes people every game and believe it or not Adam Archuleta actually played well. Go figure.

The offense led by Brunell were very solid with the exception of some horrible Brunell passes, particularly the last one he threw which was INT'd and killed any chance of a last second comeback victory. -if only the broken toenail injury he suffered earlier in the game could have sidelined him for good. Santana/Clinton/Cooley were awesome as usual. Randle El was very solid with Brandon Lloyd yet again being a non factor in the game but what else is new right?

In summary, you're left scratching your head wondering how the hell the Redskins Coaching staff lost another easy victory which at one point we had a nice lead!!!!

Brandon Lloyd caught a 60 yard pass from Brunell to come back when we were down 22-14 from what I remember. That was probably one of his best games according to his final stats (330 yards!)

Yeah, such great game. Let's bring back Brunell! :rolleyes:

:doh: Screen passes and reverses...that's all I remember. This is what Jason Whitlock warned us about when he said that Al Saunders loved to "get cute" in calling plays. That game and the Tampa game will make you want to punch a priest...

I flew up from Orlando to see the Redskins win easily. right..no. My first home skins game and they lose to the F***ing titans. When that old number 8 guy threw that last pass, it was to moss who was covered by three people. #8 sucks.

and Carlos broke his thumb that game. Give him some credit for hanging in there.

OH my GOD!!!! How could you spoil the ending for me like that?!?!?!? I can't believe we lost to the Titans!! Are you serious!! They were 0-5!!! God the redskins really suck now!!!

Sorry just messin with you. Seriously, now that Brunell is gone we have reason to be optomistic. The D (hopefully) can't be as bad as it was last year, so let's see what happens. Too early to know anything right now.

I was more angry at this game than any other of our losses last year. I was SOOOOOO pissed about losing to the Titans, everyone around me just left because I acted like such an ass. I get in a bad mood when we lose but this is one we were SUPPOSED to win...

btw, I know what a badass Marcus is, look at my screen name:)

If memory serves,wasnt our D-Line banged up going into this game....I know we were missing at least one starter on the line and the other was playing hurt. I seem to remember this is the game when Golsten picked up alot of the slack.

Call me crazy but aside from needing to replace Daniels at end....if we can avoid any injuries to our starters, I think we'll be alright at D-Tackle this season.

When I watched it again, I was calling for Brunell to be pulled. The unfortunate thing about that is that Campbell was inactive, meaning it would have been Collins out there.

I recall another thread where I pointed out this game as the beginning of the end for Brunell's starting career. In the first two weeks of the season, the whole team pretty much sucked but then in week 3 Brunell set a passing record and in week 4 he brought us an OT victory with an impressively accurate pass to Moss. At the start of the Titans game, Brunell was still going strong and the announcers were again calling him an all-pro. Then he got really beat up on a couple of sacks, lost a toe nail, and was having trouble getting back up hit after hit. His final pass didn't have any strength behind it and got picked.

By the time the cowgirls came to town, he had almost nothing left and a week later he was done. My theory is that he was more beat up than anyone let on in that Titans game, a beating he was too old to play through.

One positive I saw watching that game is that it restored my faith in a healthy, fresh Brunell as our backup. He clearly doesn't have the endurance to take too much punishment anymore but he can certainly finish a game if needed.

If memory serves,wasnt our D-Line banged up going into this game....I know we were missing at least one starter on the line and the other was playing hurt. I seem to remember this is the game when Golsten picked up alot of the slack.

Call me crazy but aside from needing to replace Daniels at end....if we can avoid any injuries to our starters, I think we'll be alright at D-Tackle this season.

It seems like we're always missing a starter on the D-line, and its usually Joe S'alavea.

Golston was a pleasant surprise. However, I remember the middle of our DL getting blown up several times for big runs. One way or the other, we've got to get a big fatty to put next to Griffin.

Exactly and Okoye is no big fatty. In fact he is the same wait as Golston, only 2 inches shorter. Branch is pretty big though.:whoknows:

Archived