Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Interesting' choice by McCain to help him with funding

Sisyphus

John McCain has appointed Fred Malek as his new funding co-chair.

Malek's history includes killing, skinning and barbecuing a dog, and for Nixon he went into the Bureau of Labor Statistics to count how many Jews were working there in case there was a cabal of them doctoring the numbers against Tricky Dicky.

So how did Fred sell himself to McCain that he was the man for the job?

"You need me on the front line, counting Jews and barbecuing dogs, so you don't have to."

To each their own I suppose.

Doesn't seem like a wise choice.

I heard on one of the cable news shows that McCain is restructuring his entire campaign. Guess he though he'd be running away with it, or only in a tight one with Rudy. But it seems a few more players are pretty serious.

My opinion of McCain alterred pretty dramatically when he flipflopped on the torture issue. Each person has a few issues that define their integrity. McCain made his stand on torture. It was one of his most important moral stances by his own actions and words and history. There are somethings you must stay true to. To me, he has become much like any other politician.

John McCain has appointed Fred Malek as his new funding co-chair.

Malek's history includes killing, skinning and barbecuing a dog, and for Nixon he went into the Bureau of Labor Statistics to count how many Jews were working there in case there was a cabal of them doctoring the numbers against Tricky Dicky.

So how did Fred sell himself to McCain that he was the man for the job?

"You need me on the front line, counting Jews and barbecuing dogs, so you don't have to."

McCain has been making unholy alliances with Republican insiders since he lost the last election. He's learned that being the outside man, even the most popular one, with the best resume doesn't get one the nomination. Relationships with insiders do.

Unfortunately for McCain the thing that made hims the most popular republican was his willingness to speak the truth and tell it like it was regardless of who was offended.

I've lost all affinity towards McCain, ever since he started sucking up to Bush two and a half years ago. He's swung back some in the past 6 months because he realized it was crushing him with independents. Still who wants to follow a man who compromizes on his self defined core issues. Issues like the torture bill which McCain totally rolled over on. Suffice it to say McCain is showing a pragmatic side in order to try to win the Presidency, as unattractive as it seems..

Archived