Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The State of Radio: pilloried, bloodied, gasping for air

headexplode

Radio started sucking years ago.

There is a song called **** dat by a guy named Sagat, clean version was called funk dat.

here is a verse from it :

Question...

Why is it that every time

I turn on the radio,

I hear the same five songs

fifteen times a day for three months?

Man...

FUNK DAT!

Get a new DJ!

I'm a gadget guy anyway, but as soon as satellite radio hit the streets, I was first in line to get one. Only time I ever listen to old school crap radio is when I tune into Redskins radio ironically...online. Commercial after commercial, same song after same song, corny joke after corny joke, crappy guest after crappy guest. It just has no appeal, and I dont think it will ever recover.

I've been thinking about this as well. How many people in the 18-24 demographic are listening to music that was produced when they were 5?

I don't know, it seems to me that most of my music was produced in this decade. Although, the thing I do have to point out is that most of the **** I really do love is from the early-to-mid 90s. And really, if you just look at when most of these guys really started forming up and making good music we're talkin' late 80's to early 90's.

you know headexplode, surprisingly enough i agree with what you said. there are alot of the new "mainstream" music, that i really can not stand. But much to your discomfort i actually seriously enjoy Linkin Park, im not a cutter, but i just really like the flow of their music and just enjoy listening to them. It had nothing to do with anything that the corporate media shoved in my face, or tried to brainwash me or anything like that. I had some underground LP songs before Hybrid Theory(first album) had ever came out. But all in all i agree with you. i didnt wanna start some serious b/s over this whole thing.

Music is a choice, just like freedom of speech. Everybody has their own taste and thats what makes us all different.

I can respect that. I know I'm a bit of a music snob but it's only because I'm a big nerd who has nothing better to do with his time.:laugh: Anyway, your opinion is well-received and you're right: no one can say for sure what good music is, it's all in the ears of the listener. :cheers:

I can respect that. I know I'm a bit of a music snob but it's only because I'm a big nerd who has nothing better to do with his time.:laugh: Anyway, your opinion is well-received and you're right: no one can say for sure what good music is, it's all in the ears of the listener. :cheers:

exactly, it's all in the ears of the listener. i mean by sisters still listen to Britney Spears, and my brother for some odd reason likes Justin Timberlake :doh:

but i dont judge any of them. but good, im glad we cleared all this up :cheers:

Uh, no...I expanded on it by adding one more word. I would add more but I don't want to be accused of further "contraction".

Gee thanks... Your arguement has convinced me that all DJ's are leeches, never in a million years will someone convince me more of anything else.

Now personally I know a morning DJ who's been in some of the huge markets like San Francisco, Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, and Orlando, all I can tell you is that he is REAL, he doesn't take bullcrap from corporate america and has been fired from a few stations for disagreeing with upper management.... That being said, I would like for you to retract your statement about DJ's being leeches, and change it at least, to, most are leeches.

Gee thanks... Your arguement has convinced me that all DJ's are leeches, never in a million years will someone convince me more of anything else.

Now personally I know a morning DJ who's been in some of the huge markets like San Francisco, Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, and Orlando, all I can tell you is that he is REAL, he doesn't take bullcrap from corporate america and has been fired from a few stations for disagreeing with upper management.... That being said, I would like for you to retract your statement about DJ's being leeches, and change it at least, to, most are leeches.

Don't argue with the troll, or you'll be accused of having a "pissing match.":doh::laugh:

Yes radio music sucks. The rock music I listen is carefully selected. The artists and musicians in the band absolutely have to have some artistic integrity and be talented otherwise I wil not touch the music. Thats why my favorite band is Coheed and Cambria, they are light years ahead of most rock bands in this era. In rap, the rappers absolutely have to have good lyrics. A good beat rarely cuts it anymore. Thats why my favorite rapper is mos def.

Staind, Fergie and that hot new track from Mims after the break!

On the new Q!!

:doh::laugh:

Certain radio stations are staffed by morons because it reflects their audience. Hence MTV and most of TV still being on the air.

A decent DJ can be a great advocate and champion for their prefered genre of music, much like any broadcaster. There is quality radio with quality DJs. Perhaps not where you live, but the shining examples of Peel and Fanning with indie rock show how it can be done.

Archived