Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding the OFF-field behavior of NFL players

Skins Addict

I don't think that the thugs will be less thugish if they bring back TD Celebrations and the like, but it's well documented I hate the No Fun Leagues rules :/

Wooooah there buddy you can't call men who make it rain then shoot people thugs. Nor are men who beat their wives, tote guns, and get arrested for allegedly murdering people thugs. Best wordsmith that one buddy!

Do you think it's right that people might forget about Barry Sanders, even though he was probably one of the greatest running backs of all time, because he didn't do any TD celebrations? He just flipped the ball to the referee and ran off the field. But people won't forget Terrell Owens because of his off the field drama and on the field celebrations. Doesn't make him a better athlete. Who would you rather have on your team?

I used to do choreographed celebrations for 2-3 minutes at work every time I did something good (like show up on time, not piss off clients, solve some problem, finish a project on budget, etc…). When I was particularly enthused I’d slam office equipment on the floor. Once I took out a sharpie and tried to sign the secretary’s breasts. Eventually my boss requested that I curtail such activities. Now I drink to excess (and drive fast afterwards), beat my wife, and occasionally entice my friends to shoot people in clubs. Boy do I miss the good ‘ol days when I had an outlet for my exuberance.

:laugh: Classic!

Hi, I'm the thread starter. I forgot to clear up a few things... To all the people who bashed me, listen up!

1. I admitted I was wrong (see page 4)

2. I have NEVER watched 'Dancing with the Stars', nor will I ever watch it.

3. I am NOT a fan of Chad Johnson. I fact, the NFL Network's never-ending coverage of the Bengals makes me sick.

4. I do NOT watch football to see grown men dance. I watch football to see the Skins win, period. Got it?!

5. But I do think the NFL refs should let the players celebrate. No more flags for group celebrations or taunting. But there should be a delay-of-game penalty if the celebration lasts longer than say 30 seconds. Also, no stupid props such as cell phones are allowed.

Archived