Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McShay, Skins draft, Briggs, from a few minutes ago (well, now, from many hours ago)

Skinsinparadise

Did crack become legal!?

yeah where have you been.

Actually if you look at the roster to see what we need in the draft you will see we have got to replace wynn or Daniels this year. Since we did nothing in FA on the DE's it is a safe bet we will have one on the roster come May 1st. How I don't know but we will have a new DE.

I just think it's funny how Branch isn't even mentioned anymore and he just might be the one that we end up picking.

This might be why we don't seem interested in Branch...

Coach Tim Krumrie Titty fights Michigan Standout DT Alan Branch: The Real Story

Posted on March 21, 2007

KRUMRIE BEATS UP BRANCH

Word trickling out of the Michigan Pro Day is that Chiefs defensive line coach Tim Krumrie roughed up defensive tackle Alan Branch in one of Krumrie’s one-on-one slap fights.

Per a league source, Branch looked winded before he even got to the patented Krumrie spanking machine. At one point during his session with Krumrie, Branch appeared to be ready to quit.

Gil Brandt of NFL.com corroborates this in his Pro Day updates: “Tim Krumrie worked Branch hard during the position drills, and the scouts there said Branch did not look like he was in very good shape.”

Krumrie, better known to most fans as the guy who got Theismanned during Super Bowl XXIII, is a legend in league circles for the no-pads hand-fighting test, to which he subjects many of the linemen he is scouting.

“It’s Gladiator stuff,” said one league source.

For Branch, who is projected by many as a top-ten pick, the end result apparently was thumbs down.

Adams is another Carter; Anderson is physically challenged; Branch is lazy ... they all have holes ... the Skins must move outtta 6 ... and they will. Either Briggs or Jared Allen.

Finally someone that isn't hell bent on over looking the obvious flaws of the so called top rated D-Lineman just because they've had thier opinions gift wrapped for them by the media instead of doing any actual research themselves. Adams will be a very good DE as long as he goes to a team that all ready has very good tackles, otherwise he will be exposed. Branch is lazy and let Tim Krumrie a d-line coach B!+ch slap him around during his workout. He is an excerpt...

Tim Krumrie roughed up defensive tackle Alan Branch in one of Krumrie’s one-on-one slap fights.

Per a league source, Branch looked winded before he even got to the patented Krumrie spanking machine. At one point during his session with Krumrie, Branch appeared to be ready to quit.

Gil Brandt of NFL.com corroborates this in his Pro Day updates: “Tim Krumrie worked Branch hard during the position drills, and the scouts there said Branch did not look like he was in very good shape.”

Anderson is raw and has had one good season. That spells a major reach at #6.

If we do not trade down with the Bears or trade up to get CJ, our best move would be to trade down and grab either Carricker who in MHO is the best fit for our DE position because he can also move inside on passing situations. Or Okoye would be a good pick down around 12, if we can move down.

I really wish these expert mockers would stop turning us into the Colts Part Deux. If Adams became a regular player for us, I think we'd have the weakest run defense in the NFC. He's a good player, just not for us, regardless of how many sacks we had last year.

I agree...I keep hearing from the pundits and reading a lot of posters on here that seem enamoured with Adams. To me, he is simply too small and will most likely be a liability in run defense. At best, I see Adams as another Kearse...pass-rush demon, but just run at him if you need 3+ yards.

While Adams might be the most gifted player available at #6, I think the Skins could do better to help THEIR particular situation by drafting Anderson who is a bit bigger and more stout vs. the run or taking a DT like Okoye (my choice :2cents: ) or Branch who can really help the run and disrupt the pocket from right up the middle.

Of course, trading down to about the middle of the round would be my first option--if Quinn or Peterson falls, a good number of teams like Buffalo, Green Bay, Jacksonville and Tennessee might want to move up.

Exactly. By getting Fletcher on board they fixed both questionable LB spots with one signing. WLB may still be a bit of questions mark, with Marshall not having played there recently and Rocky still unproven, but I like this LB corps much, much pbetter than last years.

I was a big Branch fan prior to the Combine/workouts, but he may very well prove to be the classic underachiever.

The more I learn about Okoye, the more I like him. #6 may a a few spots higher than where he projects, but DT is still a bigger need position for us than DE, imo.

I wonder if the Skins might just draft Landry then wait until someone picks up Okoye, Branch or Anderson later then trade Landry to that team for D-line player "X" and that team's 2nd or 3rd rounder. This is assuming Landry truly has other teams salivating to get him like I have been reading.

This might be why we don't seem interested in Branch...

Coach Tim Krumrie Titty fights Michigan Standout DT Alan Branch: The Real Story

Posted on March 21, 2007

KRUMRIE BEATS UP BRANCH

Word trickling out of the Michigan Pro Day is that Chiefs defensive line coach Tim Krumrie roughed up defensive tackle Alan Branch in one of Krumrie’s one-on-one slap fights.

Krumrie, better known to most fans as the guy who got Theismanned during Super Bowl XXIII, is a legend in league circles for the no-pads hand-fighting test, to which he subjects many of the linemen he is scouting.

“It’s Gladiator stuff,” said one league source.

For Branch, who is projected by many as a top-ten pick, the end result apparently was thumbs down.

I'd like to see a video of this drill. 50 year old man dominating 300+ lb. college lineman, great stuff :D

Archived