Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Sale: One 1974 model

Teller

1974 Wife for sale, good condition, one owner. As a matter of fact, I am the only one who's ever driven her. Mileage consistent with age. I recently replaced the stock headlights with a larger, albeit saggier upgrade. Will look VERY nice with minimal touch-up work. I think the muffler will need replaced soon, as she gets a little louder everyday. Used to be an everyday driver. Now driven VERY rarely. (Not by choice.) I will consider moving her as part of a trade, or as the downpayment on a 1984 or newer model.

Interested parties should contact honorary_hog at (555) UR-CRAZY.

In the event she does not sell, please look for this same ad next week in the "free to a good home" section.

Thanks for looking! :cheers:

I've got an '07 mini due to arrive in about a month...I better not test drive or else I'd lose my '78.

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't want anything newer than, say, a 1989 at the newest. And I'm definitely NOT into Minis. Good luck with yours though. :cheers:

Piston broke?

I'm not sure what the problem is. She's got a little bit of a shimmy to her, but that never really bothered me. Actually, I thought it made for a better ride. Now, it's like she gets cranky at the slightest change in the weather, and she's gotten really hard to start.

I'll be honest, I've driven her pretty hard over the years, but that always seemed to make her run better. I don't know what the problem is now. Maybe she's just ragged out.

is there room for 4 inside or is it a 2 seater, cause me and 3 of my buddies were thinking about getting this to experiment with... Also how does your 74 model feel about trains?

There's room for one in the front and possibly two in the back. But like I said, I'm the only owner, driver, and so far passenger, so I'm really not sure about ALL the logistics there.

As far as the train thing, I'm thinking the Variably-Timed Conservative Value System (VTCVS controller) would override any attempt at that.

There's room for one in the front and possibly two in the back. But like I said, I'm the only owner, driver, and so far passenger, so I'm really not sure about ALL the logistics there.

As far as the train thing, I'm thinking the Variably-Timed Conservative Value System (VTCVS controller) would override any attempt at that.

33 years old huh? You could probably trade her in for two 16 year olds. Or if you don't want to do that, sometimes all those old rustbuckets need is a good, swift kick

33 years old huh? You could probably trade her in for two 16 year olds. Or if you don't want to do that, sometimes all those old rustbuckets need is a good, swift kick

Oh she's far from a rustbucket. She's still a real beaut. But she's cranky as all get out, and has some quirks I just can't figure out.

Oh, and the other thing that makes owning a '74 tough, no instruction manual.

Always said you shouldn't keep one for too long. That's why I go rental. :applause:

That's a good point too. Something tells me you're the taxi-type, Blighty. Into cheap, short rides with no expectations. There may be something to be said for that.

:laugh:

Oh she's far from a rustbucket. She's still a real beaut. But she's cranky as all get out, and has some quirks I just can't figure out.

Oh, and the other thing that makes owning a '74 tough, no instruction manual.

You know, for the cranky ones, sometimes a good flushing, followed by a quick injection of fluids does wonders

You know, for the cranky ones, sometimes a good flushing, followed by a quick injection of fluids does wonders

I know that. Combined with a good smack on the fender, and gently tugging on her hair....I mean HOOD....I meant to say hood! It would fix her in a heartbeat. I just can't get the ****ing cap off. :mad:

I got an 82 model, doesn't seem to work much better. Constantly whistles and chimes at every turn, no type of gas is good enough and it seems it has grown a wider fender over the years. Also sometimes it has extreme difficulty in wanting to pump the "piston".

Damn an 82? That thing's practically off the showroom floor. It's way too earlier to be having problems like that. You might want to check and see what the lemon laws are like in your church. Or their might even be a recall on her. Let us know what you find out.

You might want to check and see what the lemon laws are like in your church. Or their might even be a recall on her. Let us know what you find out.

I just spit water all over my monitor.:laugh:

The 82 while it has it's issues for the most part runs very well, it's just very unpredictable at times.

Archived