Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Introducing W. Holdman...

dbtimsah

where does it say he's cut or gone? what am I missing?

I dont know, i always thought he signed a one year deal before last season and didnt expect for the skins to resign him this offseason...

it seems, at least in this thread, feelings are mixed as to whether or not he is on the team...

eerily similar too...

gamedays last season when feelings were mixed as to whether or not this guy was actually on the field.

Holdman was very good at being blocked by a leading fullback

Lets not forget this people.....everyone has a role.

Let's be fair...sometimes he was in their way as he lay on the ground. Running backs were forced to keep their eyes to the ground because of Warrick "Speedbump" Holdman.

Warrick is still on the roster, he should be a back up with either Rocky or Lemar moving back outside, however Lemar sucks too. We should sign Levar now that Dale Lindsay is gone, if we sign him for cheap and he returns to form he would be awesome playing with London and Marcus. But more realistically Rocky should work hard and try to crack the starting lineup

Warrick is still on the roster, he should be a back up with either Rocky or Lemar moving back outside, however Lemar sucks too. We should sign Levar now that Dale Lindsay is gone, if we sign him for cheap and he returns to form he would be awesome playing with London and Marcus. But more realistically Rocky should work hard and try to crack the starting lineup

holdman is not on the roster, he is currently a free agent. and hopefully the only franchise he signs with is burger king. although he'd probably get juked out by the soda fountain.

how about the play where holdman blitzed into the backfield and didnt even make contact with another player and either davis or jackson walked into the endzone for a TD. he was so ridiculously bad, i really want someone from the coaching staff to just s*** all over him in a presser at sometime. he didnt get a single lick of heat from our staff.

His continuing to start for so long really caused me to think twice about GW's coaching abilities and gave more credence to the charges of arrogance and stubbornness that surfaced in Buffalo. We all know Holdman was Lindsey's guy. But if you are the Assistant Head Coach Defense and have ultimate autonomy over it, there's no way you tolerate Holdman for so long unless you see it as an admission of error on your part and would prefer a 10-man defense to actually making progress to help the team.

Andre Carter had a career worst year on the right defensive side; Holdman was just awful on that side and Carlos Rogers lost most of the momentum from his rookie year. It didn't help that Marshall had a tough time getting off blocks to help out on that side. It may have been the worst right defensive side performance by the Skins ever.

I know one thing...it was the WORST defense I have EVER SEEN from the Redskins, and that now spans 40 years!! Marshall logged a lot of tackles, but usually from behind, if at all. Have no clue where Holdman was all the games, he just flat out disappeared. Yep, a bad time for the WHOLE right side of the defense to have their worst year!!!! And it really wasn't much better in the middle or the left either!!!

I know one thing...it was the WORST defense I have EVER SEEN from the Redskins, and that now spans 40 years!! Marshall logged a lot of tackles, but usually from behind, if at all. Have no clue where Holdman was all the games, he just flat out disappeared. Yep, a bad time for the WHOLE right side of the defense to have their worst year!!!! And it really wasn't much better in the middle or the left either!!!

Yeah that was worth than the 2003 defense. And I thought that was bad.

Unless we resign Arrington! :laugh:

Resign WHO???????????????????????????? Has Snyder, Gibbs and GWilliams retired? There ain't enough CROW in all of the United States that LaVar could swallow to get his @$$ back as a 'Skin. Sometimes burned bridges cannot be repaired, and as much as we fans entertain the thought of crossing em again, it won't happen. Everyone I think has moved on.... That chapter is sadly, OVER I think.

Carter struggled but towards the end of the year he became a straight up MONSTER.

he was getting 8-10 tackles and a sack a game the last 5 games or so.

Definetly, we need him to carry that effort into next season. If he can, along with the addition of Fletcher, and our draft pick(s) pan out, our defense is on the verg of coming back :point2sky

Archived