Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading Future Picks...Again

RIDETHEWALRUS

I think we should just get what we can this year, and not try and use next years picks to get more, we are not going to be that awesome this year, so why waste stuff when I think we will be better the year after next, with another year of JC and Al.

I hate the idea of doing this again, because future draft pick values are diminished. You trade too much to get instant gratification. Just puts us in the same position next year, having to scramble to find ways to attain more draft choices.

My solution is simple. Bite the bullet this year.

Draft either Branch or Anderson in this draft. Find a veteran short term solution to fill in at Guard for this year.

Then next year, with our first and second round choices take a DT or DE (whichever wasn't filled this year) and a Guard.

We gave up too much for McIntosh and Campbell. The trend needs to stop.

agree!!!!!

I hate the idea of doing this again, because future draft pick values are diminished. You trade too much to get instant gratification. Just puts us in the same position next year, having to scramble to find ways to attain more draft choices.

My solution is simple. Bite the bullet this year.

Draft either Branch or Anderson in this draft. Find a veteran short term solution to fill in at Guard for this year.

Then next year, with our first and second round choices take a DT or DE (whichever wasn't filled this year) and a Guard.

We gave up too much for McIntosh and Campbell. The trend needs to stop.

Your post has merit but it also has 1 big Flaw in the fact do you really thnk gibbs cares about future draft picks OR do you really think Gibbs will still be here to worry about not having draft picks years down the road NO HE DOES NOT he wants to win now at any cost

Archived