Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For those determined to blame Spurrier

rtandler

At some point, it comes down to execution. NFL players should be able to get a stinking yard in two tries no matter what the play call, not matter who is in the game.

At some point, the kicker has to kick a field goal high enough so it's not slam-dunked by the line, and that same kicker has to make an extra point.

At some point, that kicker has to be able to execute a punt that goes further than 18 yards. It's my understanding that Barker was still dinged up, so Tuthill should have taken plenty of punting practice.

At some point, a running back has to catch a short toss with nobody near him deep in his own territory rather than let it slip through his arms for an easy six the other way.

At some point, defenders have to wrap up and tackle the opposing running back, especially one that is at the end of the line and has been handled all year by other teams.

At some point, your star running back who is slated to make an eight-figure income next year has to do better than 9 yards on eight carries in the second half.

It's all of this and more that added up to the Redskins being down and needing to convert third and fourth downs to stay in the game. To be sure, the coaches bear their share of the responsibility for execution, but IMO it's kind of ridiculous to lay of the blame for the loss on Spurrier's offensive game plan or on his play calling.

i don't think that you can blame the game on steve spurrier. spurrier, and the other coaches can only do so much in this game. it comes to do execution of the players. when steven davis was going for one of the last first downs, it looked like he just fell forward with no kind of steam behind it. frankly, some of the redskins plays today were sickening. but i don't think all the blame lies on steve spurrier.

If your gonna line up and third and one without Steven Davis in the backfield, you might as well go to the Dallas huddle and say,"We're gonna run a QB sneak". I don't give a rats a$$ how well you execute, when the play is telegraphed, it ain't gonna work. That was just retarded

I couldn't agree more.

Spurrier went with pass when Davis and the run wasn't working.

It did last week, but Dallas' DL is a lot better then Rams.

Lewis had to go to Zone when Bailey got dinged.

Still, we dropped passes, missed INT's, missed tackles, and stunk on special teams. I mean we block a punt and can't even get

3 lousy points.

Come on guys...it's time the players make plays.

Amen, Rich. Tuthill's gaffe's have become ever more irritating. Moreover, the one thing Tuthill had going for him was his deep kickoffs. However, those weren't even working for him today. If he keeps this sh*t up, he'll be back leading sermons with his old man out in California pretty damn quick.

At some point when the whole team quits you have to blame the person responsible for preparing the team to play: Spurrier;

At some point this highly touted offensive system needs to show up and not just depend on the defense to keep the game as close as possible, because on some days the defense just isnt there.

At some point you have to understand that calling the strangest and most complex play in your playbook may not be the best way to pick up the 6 inches you need for the first down,

Lets put it this way. If Spurrier was coaching the current Packers or Buccs, I am sure they would still be winning just as much. If spurrier was coaching the Bengals, I am sure they suck just as much. Yes there are a call here and there that can make fans shake their heads, but a lot of the time those calls happen because our team is failing at the original plan. Barry Switzer won a freakin' superbowl for crying out loud, does anyone not believe he should have knocked down Jimmy Johnson's door so he could present him with his 3rd ring!?! Give Spurrier an ELITE team, and see if we our 5-7..... DOUBT IT.

Archived