Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs' Future with the Skins

Cambl2Moss

I have been patrolling all the threads and havent seen this point brought up really. Dont you think that we are gearing up to either trade or release Springs MAINLY because G. Williams sees him as a cancer to the team after he was the number 1 suspect in selling out the coaching staff?

People are forgetting that everyone was pointing the finger at Springs, and for this reason I see us completing the deal for Bly and saying BYE BYE to Springs.

After the performance of the D last year. I have a feeling that G-Will has alittle less pull this offseason. He thought he could win with anybody in his system. that was proven wrong. Now I think Joe is more hands on in these choices. Not to mention that a healthy Springs is our best CB, which trumps any mouthing off.

since when was Springs suspect #1 in the infamous article? sconf.gif how quickly the Nation turns on Springs just because he was hurt for a season

Are you kidding me? He was suspect #1 the whole time! He was also healthy at the time of the article becuase he played that week and was bombarded in the locker room after the game with questions from sportscasters about the article. Look up the history of the article...everyone was pinning it on Springs

I thought suspect #1 was AA as well (and part of the reason he got Lavar'd last year). I do believe that whole ordeal with Springs centers around his NOT having surgery until it was too late and basically missing the whole year - remember he hurt himself at the end of the '05 season.

i thought suspect #1 was AA??

Nahh...it had to have been someone that was there since 04...a guy that watched LaVar get treated the way he was and the team let Smoot, Pierce and others walk. Arch came in this year and wouldn't really have personal accounts of that stuff. It had to have been Springs there's no question about it. It was articulate and as we all know there wasn't anyone else in that secondary that had been there since 04 besides Springs, Taylor, and Jimoh...Taylor wasn't even talking to the media this year and I doubt he would criticize the guy who has gone to bat for him so many times in his career already...and no offense to Jimoh, but he's Jimoh.

I have no idea where that guy got Walt Harris from, unless the interview was conducted in San Francisco

yeah and plus one main point of the article was that the corners and safteys were meeting seperatley because Steve Jackson and Jerry Gray didn't like each other. Jerry Gray was just hired this season and Walt Harris wouldn't know what was going on this season with the team...Leaves Springs, Taylor and Jimoh...had to be Springs.

yeah and plus one main point of the article was that the corners and safteys were meeting seperatley because Steve Jackson and Jerry Gray didn't like each other. Jerry Gray was just hired this season and Walt Harris wouldn't know what was going on this season with the team...Leaves Springs, Taylor and Jimoh...had to be Springs.

It was definately Springs...hence my starting this thread...the team is quietly trying to get rid of a cancer IMO...obviously his age, health and price play huge roles, but the fact that he came out and spoke anonimously against the coaching staff will play a role in our pursuit of Bly

It was definately Springs...hence my starting this thread...the team is quietly trying to get rid of a cancer IMO...obviously his age, health and price play huge roles, but the fact that he came out and spoke anonimously against the coaching staff will play a role in our pursuit of Bly

I'm sorry... I don't really get why you started this thread. You have to show some source for your information. A link at least... I remember hearing the names Rumph, Stoutmire and Harris... Technically, you didn't have to be here during the 2004 season to make the accusations that were being made. You could've heard other players making those accusations and repeated them.

Process of elimination...it should be very obvious to those that can deduce a situation

Did you forget that Prioleau and Rogers were both possibilities as well. It didn't have to be someone who was here since 2004 but it did seem like it was someone here before this season thats why AA, Vincent, etc weren't likely.

I really can't remember who I thought it was but a lot of people were blaming Archuleta at first.

Granted Springs is getting old and does carry a large cap number this year, but, I am starting to agree that he was the rat in the espn article last year and that is why the skins are eager to trade him. From all the rumor boards and TV and newspapers, they are ready to trade him or dump him. I doubt he makes it to camp with the skins no matter what the situation is.

Provided Rogers rebounds this year, (yeah I know that is a big IF) they could run with Smoot and Rogers at the corners provided they get some push from the DL (another big if). Even D. Green couldn't cover someone for 5-6 seconds back in the day. Ok, he probably could, but the above average corner can't.

I have been patrolling all the threads and havent seen this point brought up really. Dont you think that we are gearing up to either trade or release Springs MAINLY because G. Williams sees him as a cancer to the team after he was the number 1 suspect in selling out the coaching staff?

People are forgetting that everyone was pointing the finger at Springs, and for this reason I see us completing the deal for Bly and saying BYE BYE to Springs.

Go play somewhere else where busy in the other 10 Spring/ Bly threads talking about the same thing. and "Deep cover" Wasnt Springs.

:doh:

Go play somewhere else where busy in the other 10 Spring/ Bly threads talking about the same thing. and "Deep cover" Wasnt Springs.

:doh:

and apparently your not busy learning how to spell "we're"...i had to read your post 8 times to figure out what you were saying.

Archived