Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we give the Springs money a rest

gobigred

Some of you have cried and cried about cutting the best corner we got. We tried to get corners in last year and they all sucked, have we forgotten how hard it is to find a corner in this league. I know some you cried he is never healthy (true), but a 80% Springs was better then 100% healthy corners we had last year.

Why don't you guys cry about why John Hall is still on the roster he has played less then Springs but I don't hear nothing about that at all.

I certainly don't WANT him cut. I'd love to find a way to keep him but let's be realistic. After last season do you really think he's worth $7.5 mil toward our salary cap this season. Can he stay healthy or will he suffer some new freak injury? That is a LOT of money to gamble that he can stay healthy the entire year.

Why don't you guys cry about why John Hall is still on the roster he has played less then Springs but I don't hear nothing about that at all.

John Hall doesn't carry a $7M salary. Plus, his fate is already decided....

Some of you have cried and cried about cutting the best corner we got. We tried to get corners in last year and they all sucked, have we forgotten how hard it is to find a corner in this league. I know some you cried he is never healthy (true), but a 80% Springs was better then 100% healthy corners we had last year.

Can we give the Shawn Springs new threads a rest?

I am glad we have so many opinions, but lets' say we cut him then what? We don't even know if Smoot is the Smoot that left. All I'm trying to say what are your alternatives. IF we cut him? Apparently the coaches could not find the answer last year. So what is your answer other then cutting him, my point is at least get something for him guys. If he has to go we must trade, because it is not much out there to choose from. I say give the guy one more chance and if he fails let the chips fall where they may. I truely believe we are just about done in FA unless a good guard comes up.

Or perhaps in the other Springs thread you started?

I will not post any more Springs threads if you guys just look at the positive that the secondary has dramatically improved but you worry some much about SS you can't even be happy about it.

As the song says don't :doh: be :)

I think you failed to read the other threads before posting this(and apparently someone is in love with the word "cry"...).

People were not arguing that Springs wasnt good, or that he wasnt our best corner. People were arguing that his cap hit was huge for how many games he has made.

John Halls cap hit is 1/5th of Springs, and he will be cut before the season begins. If you are going to compare Hall to Springs to make a point, know that Hall will be cut(because of cap hit and being injured), so why shouldnt springs(No, I dont want him cut)?

I'm so uncertain about the CB spot at the moment. Like someone mentioned earlier, are we getting the Smoot that was here 3 years ago, or is he going to play like he did with Minnesota? No one really knows at this point. I really want Springs to stay. I just wish he wasn't so injury prone. I think he'll return this year and show the Redskins that he is worth the money they gave him from the start. We need Springs IMO.

Archived