Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pats release RB Dillon

skinsfan07

Maroney will do just fine IMO. And that other RB they still have Antwoain Smith or someone else will be a good enough back-up. Dont expect the Pats to lose a step.

i don't think smith has been there for a few years... they've got Mulroney (spelling) and Kevin Faulk

ps

antowain is the coolest way to spell antoine, antwan, antawn

I picked Maroney with the 3rd overall last year. Thought he'd be a stud, and knew he'd have to share time with Dillon for 1 year. I already had Dillon on that team and I'm in the process of rebuilding. My other team won the title. The guys gave me a puzzled look when I took him. they thought I should have take De'Angelo Williams of Joseph Addai. Either of the 3 were to share time and I thought Maroney was the biggest and most durable of the 3, plus the other 2 may still be sharing time next year. I know Rhodes is a FA, but with his DUI, he may have to resign with the Colts.

Dillon had requested to be released because of how much playing time the Pats were going to give him in 2007-2008.

I thought he was requesting the release because he wanted to become a fulltime father for his kids - didn't want to become broke down and not enjoy his kids growing up? I thought I say it on an interview or something...

I thought he was requesting the release because he wanted to become a fulltime father for his kids - didn't want to become broke down and not enjoy his kids growing up? I thought I say it on an interview or something...

He said that initially, then mentioned that he would listen to other offers once he was granted his release.

Archived