Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rats Infest NYC Restaurant (w/pics)

China

I know :obvious: strikes again!

Rats invade NYC restaurant

By VERENA DOBNIK, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - New Yorkers are used to seeing rats where they catch their trains — not where they buy their burritos.

About a dozen rats were having a grand party Friday in a locked KFC/Taco Bell restaurant, scampering around the floor, playing with each other and sniffing for food as they dashed around tables and children's high chairs.

Onlookers could not keep their eyes away from the jaw-dropping sight — a gang of urban vermin invading a restaurant that had been taking people's chicken and taco orders just a day earlier. Video of the rats was seen around the world, disseminated on TV stations and the Internet.

"All you can eat once the store is locked," one onlooker joked.

"They should handcuff them and throw the dirty rats in jail," cabbie Wilson Paul said as he pulled over to gawk.

Word spread after a TV crew discovered the rat infestation Friday morning and filmed it through a window of the Greenwich Village building.

Health inspectors arrived, and the parent company for KFC and Taco Bell, Yum Brands, Inc., was again forced into damage-control mode a few months after enduring an E. coli outbreak.

[Click on the link for the full article]

capt.ny11002231652.restaurant_rats_ny110.jpg

capt.nybm10202231529.restaurant_rats_nybm102.jpg

capt.nybm10102231522.restaurant_rats_nybm101.jpg

capt.nybm10402231859.restaurant_rats_nybm104.jpg

I've never understood why large cities don't do more to try and control vermin populations.

It can certainly be done... it's a matter of resources

Oh, and BTW... that is disgusting. I would rather have my restaurant taken over by scorpions, spiders, and snakes than rats or mice any day of the week.

Archived