Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bank of America dispute, need advice

alexey

There is a bug in Bank of America's online software that they are refusing to fix... I've sent them several emails about it and filed a BBB complaint, but they are still refusing to fix it.

It's a pretty blatant bug and frankly I'm very surprised they are not fixing it. I'm sure many people incurred fines and finance charges as a result of it (me included). Should I do class action lawsuit or something?

Steps to recreate problem:

Step 1) Schedule an online payment using their online banking system (let's say for 2/15/2007)

Step 2) Go to Payments on 2/15/2007, see status for scheduled payment. The payment will be marked as "Processed". There will be a message "Funds were withdrawn from your *** account on 2/15/2007"

Step 3) Go to Account information and see that funds were NOT withdrawn yet (they will be withdrawn at midnight when they do batch processing).

The message says payment has been "Processed" and that "Funds were withdrawn" before funds are actually withdrawn.

The disparity "should" go away at midnight.

when you get your statement, it should show that payment hit on 2/15/07. If not, then you have an issue.

This is not just an occurance with BOA/MBNA. It happens across the board.

They change the status from Pending to Processed a day before actually processing the payment. They put wording "Funds were withdrawn" before funds are withdrawn... That is hardly "business as usual"

Surprise, there already have been lawsuits about similar unethical practices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America#Excessive_overdraft_fees

http://money.cnn.com/1999/11/10/banking/brm_checking/

If you dont like it so much, why dont you just change banks?

BofA is "the cheap bank" and you get what you pay for.

Wachovia i believed has been ranked #1 in customer service for a few years running now. (Though i remember another thread on ES with an unhappy Wachovia customer.)

Personally, i bank with BB&T because i worked there for several years so i know the ins and outs of how they operate.

Personally, i bank with BB&T because i worked there for several years so i know the ins and outs of how they operate.

I read this as: I bank with BB&T because I worked there and know how to embezzle money from them without them noticing.

Archived