Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Facts and Trivia..

pR0JEkT 21

First of all I would like to say that I used the search function and this did not come up as written like I have it posted up on top Redskins Facts and Trivia..so I thought I would give this a try. Here's the thing, to all Redskin fans that did not get the Redskins Fact and Trivia desk calender heres the chance to enjoy it as much as me. I got one from my mother-in-law for Christmas and I thought it would be fun to do this for everyone for this 07' year all the way till' the season starts and beyond! Sorry, I missed the first 29 days of january, but I just thought about this today. Feel free to answer the trivia question if you know it, after a few responses [5] I will post up the answer for everyone. Now for the fact there isn't anything to anwser obviously just enjoy the fact, but feel free to post anything thats on your mind. Also I will be posting one of these every single day from here on out, hope everyone is as excited as me..

Hail to the Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 30th..FACT:The only uniform number officially retired by the Redskins is quarterback Sammy Baugh's 33.

February 3rd..FACT:Sammy Baugh was the first Redskins' player to pass for 400 yards in a game. He had 446 yards in a 59-21 rout of the Boston Yanks in 1948.

February 4th..TRIVIA: What team did the Redskins beat to win Super Bowl XXII in the 1987 season?

February 6th..FACT:Brad Johnson passed for 471 yards in the Redskins' 26-20 victory over the 49ers late in the 1999 season. That's a club record.

February 7th..TRIVIA: Who was the most valuable player of the Redskins' 42-10 victory over Denver in Super Bowl XXII?

March 3rd..FACT: In a 56-17 rout of Atlanta in 1991, Mark Rypien passed for 6 touchdowns. That equaled a club record accomplished twice by Sammy Baugh in the 1940's.

March 4th..TRIVIA: When Pro Bowl quarterback Eddie LeBaron was hampered by injuries in 1956,what Redskins' quarterback earned an all-star selection in his stead?

good idea for a thread!

small suggestion though... maybe you could update the original post in this thread each time?

That way, all the facts/trivia aren't lost in the thread

That would be great, but I am not that bright what do you mean exactly by update the original post each time? Do you mean just copy what I just posted and paste it on here again, but just change the bottom part to fact or trivia? Please let me know..by the way glad you like my idea, just hope other members are as thrilled as you :D!

That would be great, but I am not that bright what do you mean exactly by update the original post each time? Do you mean just copy what I just posted and paste it on here again, but just change the bottom part to fact or trivia? Please let me know..by the way glad you like my idea, just hope other members are as thrilled as you :D!

All you gotta do is hit "edit" at the bottom of the original post. Then you could put in like "February 1: Mark Mosely is the only kicker in NFL history to win the league MVP award", or whatever you're going to put up for that day.

I don't know if that fact is true or not, but you get the idea.

True. Mark Mosely is the only kicker in the history of the NFL to win the MVP award. His season included a then record 23 in a row as he broke it at home in the snow against the NY Giants. He missed only 1 kick the entire regular season.

What's funny about that record is that Moseley made all those FGs in a row, many of them crucial, but he missed a ton of extra points that year, including one in the game he broke the FG record.

Hail,

H

So KingLeo, are you posting facts, or questions for us to answer?

Hail,

H

I am going to post up the fact theres no need to answer anything there at all only when I post a Trivia question is when you guys can answer..I already messed up I didn't have time to post a fact or question the last 3 days or so man I am a slacker sorry its coming up everyday from now on, at least I plan on it! ;)

Also I will be posting one of these every single day from here on out, hope everyone is as excited as me..

wow - you must have an extremely LOW threshold for excitement.

Guess so, but what I realy like is to keep things fresh, kinda like being in a relationship and yes I know all about it cause I am married! ;)

All you gotta do is hit "edit" at the bottom of the original post. Then you could put in like "February 1: Mark Mosely is the only kicker in NFL history to win the league MVP award", or whatever you're going to put up for that day.

I don't know if that fact is true or not, but you get the idea.

Sounds good okie dokie I will to that just hope someone takes the quote of mine for the day so that they can see what has been posted for the day on the bottom of there screen ya know! :D

February 4th..TRIVIA: What team did the Redskins beat to win Super Bowl XXII in the 1987 season?

Well, that's a softball if there ever were one! We beat the Denver Broncos in SB XXII, of course. Timmy Smith's 204 yards rushing in that game is still a SB record!

Hail,

H

Well, that's a softball if there ever were one! We beat the Denver Broncos in SB XXII, of course. Timmy Smith's 204 yards rushing in that game is still a SB record!

Hail,

You are correct my friend! :applause:

February 6th..FACT:Brad Johnson passed for 471 yards in the Redskins' 26-20 victory over the 49ers late in the 1999 season. That's a club record.

EDIT: I messed up please delete this post thanks alot guys!

Hail,

H

You are correct my friend! :applause:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived