Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chairman: Bush officials misled public on global warming

alexey

explain please? I have not been in the party since 2004. do you have some evidence to the contrary?

You sir, look rediculous when you post these things without any basis in fact. simply put....You dont know me at all, and judging by your pathetic posts, I probably wouldnt want to anyway

You are a Republican. Nothing wrong with that. Funny that you can't admit it though. In fact there are several posters on here that claim to be independants but for whatever reason, they only listen to GOP-based sources and always take the Republican position. I think it's because guys like you think people will value their opinions more if you say you are independant minded. But you are not fooling anyone. You are a die hard Republican, you should embrace it.

I can tell by the tone of your post you are upset, so if my posts were really that bad or unintelligent, why would it bother you for me to state the obvious-that you are a Republican? You obviously care about my opinion.

The fact that you left the party in 2004 and used to be a dittohead proves my instincts correct. Which Republican are you going to vote for in 2008?

You are a Republican. Nothing wrong with that. Funny that you can't admit it though. In fact there are several posters on here that claim to be independants but for whatever reason, they only listen to GOP-based sources and always take the Republican position. I think it's because guys like you think people will value their opinions more if you say you are independant minded. But you are not fooling anyone. You are a die hard Republican, you should embrace it.

I can tell by the tone of your post you are upset, so if my posts were really that bad or unintelligent, why would it bother you for me to state the obvious-that you are a Republican? You obviously care about my opinion.

The fact that you left the party in 2004 and used to be a dittohead proves my instincts correct. Which Republican are you going to vote for in 2008?

LOL, what a jackalope! You kill me.

So let me get this straight. I am a republican simply because you say so?

ummmm...OK. I hope you see how rediculous you just sounded here. No proof? no substantiation? just simple "I say so, so it must be"

whatever gets you going guess.

I dont need to justify my honor nor honesty to the likes of you. You are truly beneath me and it was just proven.

come to the table with something more than opinion next time. You wont come off as so darned pathetic

ummmm...OK. I hope you see how rediculous you just sounded here. No proof? no substantiation? just simple "I say so, so it must be"

I dont need to justify my honor nor honesty to the likes of you. You are truly beneath me and it was just proven.

come to the table with something more than opinion next time. You wont come off as so darned pathetic

I thought I was clear on this. You are a Republican because you always agree with the Republicans. It's really quite simple.

Republican. :laugh:

I thought I was clear on this. You are a Republican because you always agree with the Republicans. It's really quite simple.

Republican. :laugh:

whater dude, You obvioulsy want to continue looking like an arse. Feel free, it only makes you look worse and worse.

again, rather than simply saying it, PROVE IT.

Be a big boy, an adult. Stop using a childs debate tacts and expect to garner an ounce of respect.

You can use whatever smileys you thing are proper, and you still will walk away from this debate as a hard core...LOSER

come on poopy, step up and bring some meat here.

The burden of proof is upon you, I know you will cower in the corner and run from this challenge because it fits your MO.

Tell you what, I'll give you this one last chance to rethink your stance and admit that you were wrong and that you cannot find a shred of evidence that says Im in the GOP.

If it helps, I wholeheartedly decided that the GOP let me down after 2004. I realized that the GOP did not match my views on some important issues and that the GOP has conceded to the pressure of the left.

I think highly of very few in the party these days, Ron Paul is one of the few exceptions.

so there you go. Prove me wrong.

whater dude, You obvioulsy want to continue looking like an arse. Feel free, it only makes you look worse and worse.

again, rather than simply saying it, PROVE IT.

Be a big boy, an adult. Stop using a childs debate tacts and expect to garner an ounce of respect.

You can use whatever smileys you thing are proper, and you still will walk away from this debate as a hard core...LOSER

come on poopy, step up and bring some meat here.

The burden of proof is upon you, I know you will cower in the corner and run from this challenge because it fits your MO.

Tell you what, I'll give you this one last chance to rethink your stance and admit that you were wrong and that you cannot find a shred of evidence that says Im in the GOP.

If it helps, I wholeheartedly decided that the GOP let me down after 2004. I realized that the GOP did not match my views on some important issues and that the GOP has conceded to the pressure of the left.

I think highly of very few in the party these days, Ron Paul is one of the few exceptions.

so there you go. Prove me wrong.

Yeah, thats what I thought. 10 minutes should be plenty to prove your point shouldnt it.

see you in your next failed attempt

:laugh: This debate was over before you made that post. You missed the boat.

There it is. The smiley that takes the place of fact.

great job. Notice readers: Not a shred of evidence to support his inaccurate claim

you lost, plain and simple. grow a pair and admit it.

Im out until you bring substance. Until then you are simply the nothing that you are

good day

You funny for not knowing that. WHo is better? Looking forward to you embarrassing yourself.

Well gee, it appears there is a conspiracy against Dr. Gray's papers on Global Warming, it appears he has a hard time getting published :laugh:

Well gee, it appears there is a conspiracy against Dr. Gray's papers on Global Warming, it appears he has a hard time getting published :laugh:

Thanks for failing to answer my question. In case you didn't understand it let me ask you one more time. Who is a better expert on hurricanes then Dr William Gray?

Now, on to this bit garbage you think some how proves something.

You think Dr Gray being attacked by Senator Boxer (who is one of the biggest backers of AGW theory in Washington) proves something? Besides, your video proves my point which is there are people who have NO background in meteorology nor climatology making predictions on global warming. Did you even watch the end of the video? The guy Boxer quoted is a Physicist and an Astronomer. Dope. :doh:

I think what he is saying is that he has read literally hundreds of posts by you, and in every single one you take the GOP position. You are free to call yourself whatever you want, but for all practical purposes, you are a Republican.

Thanks for failing to answer my question. In case you didn't understand it let me ask you one more time. Who is a better expert on hurricanes then Dr William Gray?

Please define what you mean under "better expert"

You think Dr Gray being attacked by Senator Boxer (who is one of the biggest backers of AGW theory in Washington) proves something?

Senator Boxer is also a woman, so who cares how many of Dr. Gray's articles passed the peer review process and got published.

Besides, your video proves my point which is there are people who have NO background in meteorology nor climatology making predictions on global warming. Did you even watch the end of the video? The guy Boxer quoted is a Physicist and an Astronomer.

Yep, a Physicist and an Astronomer who's work on the subject matter gets published in peer reviewed journals. Clearly, as Dr. Gray said, Dr. Hansen "knows Venus well." Everybody knows they got different physics on Venus :laugh:

"I've been in meteorology over 50 years. I've worked damn hard, and I've been around. My feeling is some of us older guys who've been around have not been asked about this. It's sort of a baby boomer, yuppie thing."

Gray believes in the obs. The observations. Direct measurements. Numerical models can't be trusted. Equation pushers with fancy computers aren't the equals of scientists who fly into hurricanes.

"Few people know what I know. I've been in the tropics, I've flown in airplanes into storms. I've done studies of convection, cloud clusters and how the moist process works. I don't think anybody in the world understands how the atmosphere functions better than me."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/23/AR2006052301305_pf.html

I think what he is saying is that he has read literally hundreds of posts by you, and in every single one you take the GOP position. You are free to call yourself whatever you want, but for all practical purposes, you are a Republican.

so because I concur with some of the positions, I'm a member of the republican party?

Please!

you know, you idiots can use your "feelings" and "opinions" all you want.

I know where I sit and again, I refuse to justify my personal beliefs to anyone. so go ahead and lable, I really am beyond that crap.

As I have noted before, Dr. William Gray is consistently trotted out as the worlds leading expert on hurricanes, blah blah blah.

Gray was a pioneer in forecasting hurricanes, and is a true legend in that area. But that was a while ago now, and is not the same thing as being THE expert on global climate change that so many make him out to be. He is 77 years old, set in his ways, and very confrontational. He basically hates computer modelling and all these newfangled research methods different than the way he used to do things. Even his own students no longer respect his opinion.

Here is a detailed article on him, if you are interested.

http://www.westword.com/Issues/2006-06-29/news/feature_full.html

so because I concur with some of the positions, I'm a member of the republican party?

Please!

you know, you idiots can use your "feelings" and "opinions" all you want.

I know where I sit and again, I refuse to justify my personal beliefs to anyone. so go ahead and lable, I really am beyond that crap.

Not some of the Republican positions. All of them. Without fail.

I don't know why you are so defensive about this, to be honest. You don't have to "justify" your personal beliefs to anyone. But it is kind of silly to deny what those beliefs are, when you post them here every day for people to read.

Not some of the Republican positions. All of them. Without fail.

I don't know why you are so defensive about this, to be honest. You don't have to "justify" your personal beliefs to anyone. But it is kind of silly to deny what those beliefs are, when you post them here every day for people to read.

Immigration, spending, drug war, corporate welfare, "moral" lawmaking, etc are just a few reasons why you are wrong, but again, whatever floats your inaccurate boat.

Please define what you mean under "better expert"

Senator Boxer is also a woman, so who cares how many of Dr. Gray's articles passed the peer review process and got published.

Yep, a Physicist and an Astronomer who's work on the subject matter gets published in peer reviewed journals. Clearly, as Dr. Gray said, Dr. Hansen "knows Venus well." Everybody knows they got different physics on Venus :laugh:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/23/AR2006052301305_pf.html

Quit the word play. What is the definition of "is"? :rolleyes:

Senator Boxer also asked biased questions. Dr Gray has hundreds of articles that pased the peer review process and were published. How many articles on Climatology, Meteorology, and Tropicial Meteorology does Dr Hansen have?

Yep, a Physicist and Astronomer who knows ZERO about atmospheric systems gets published in peer review journals. Makes sense to me! :laugh:

Senator Boxer also asked biased questions. Dr Gray has hundreds of articles that pased the peer review process and were published. How many articles on Climatology, Meteorology, and Tropicial Meteorology does Dr Hansen have?

Yep, a Physicist and Astronomer who knows ZERO about atmospheric systems gets published in peer review journals. Makes sense to me! :laugh:

This is exactly what I am talking about. Yes, Gray has hundreds of articles, but mostly long ago. Now he basically is an elderly crackpot who revels in being the "brave contrarian."

Notice the irony that no one in the conservative camp concurs with your opinions on my beliefs? strange?

Maybe they don't want you either?

I kid, I kid...

Seriously, I really don't understand why you are so incensed by this. I will let it drop - I see no point in just pissing you off for no reason. You have a lot of good things to say on here, even though I tend to disagree with you most of the time.

Maybe they don't want you either?

I kid, I kid...

Seriously, I really don't understand why you are so incensed by this. I will let it drop - I see no point in just pissing you off for no reason. You have a lot of good things to say on here, even though I tend to disagree with you most of the time.

:laugh: thanks for the humor. I was getting p.o.'d there for a bit.

honestly, I simply dont like the inference that I am being dishonest, My honor is primary to my existence!

I think it's unfair to lable and pigeonhole anyone here because we all have views that are in alignment with most likely multiple political party lines.

I was very public back when I decided that my views were starting to run contrary with mainstream GOP. Yes, there are some stances that we agree upon (although, the reasons for that agreement may not be par).

I mean, I see some leftists posts here that I think sund like rabid communism, but I would never presume that that person is then a communist party member.

anyway, thanks again for lightening my mood on this topic. I needed it. :cheers:

In order to provide a "better expert" I need to know the criteria you use when deciding that. I would rather you pick the criteria, and then provide candidates who satisfy that criteria. I strongly suggest you pick criteria such as "predicting the number of hurricanes in a hurricane season"

It so happened that Dr. Hansen published papers on Greenhouse effects and other Global Warming related topics. Dr. Gray, on the other hand, has not published ANY work in that area.

Stop and think there for a second... we are talking about qualifications of two people to talk about topic A. One person has published work on topic A, and the other has not. Yet you are questioning qualifications of the published scientist because he studied Physics?? His work directly relates to the subject matter, while Dr. Gray's does not. His got published on the subject matter while Dr. Gray did not. Blame the peer review process or bias of scientific journals, come on now.

Archived